My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into buying a 2019 Jeep Compass trail hawk I was wondering if I could get some reviews from owners, thanks I appreciate all the feedback.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought mine used last year. Put almost an additional 40,000 miles since then and can’t stop smiling. If you buy it for its intended niche - light trail/desert/beach duty, better commute comforts than a “traditional“ off-road biased vehicle (mileage, ride comfort, traffic maneuverability- take it from me I go to downtown Los Angeles often), then I believe it’s a great option for the price point. Granted mods/accessories lacking, but again for its purpose it has served me well.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've got a 2019 trailhawk with 15k miles on it, and I've really enjoyed it. My last vehicle was a Silverado 1500, so the Compass has been much better for my daily commute and city driving. Plus now I can always find parking! It's good that you found this forum, there is a lot of great information on the vehicle here. I have already swapped out all of my lighting with LED's and plan on upgrading wheels once my factory warranty is up.

You will find that the biggest issue with the second gen compasses has been the oil consumption issue. I've been tracking this a lot and from what I have seen, it has only affected 2017-2018 models. The official FCA letter addressing the issue also confirms this. So rest assured, your 2019 should be good to go!

Also if you are concerned about hauling capacity (like I was with replacing my truck), I have made several 2x4 purchases from lowe's by fitting the 8' boards from the trunk up into the passenger seat area. Works well and I am able to close the trunk. Very happy with my Jeep!

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Compass Trailhawk
176 Posts
I have a 2021 and love it. I have had camaros, trans ams,and challenger today. I have had more comments on the looks of my 2021 than any of those and I thought they were all sharp. I have had since January and still get remarks weekly! Have 2000 miles on it so far.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for the information and more I am sure I will receive, I own a 2008 Jeep Liberty and love it but I feel it’s time for a Upgrade.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I’ve got a ‘21 Trailhawk, 4,875 miles and I’m very happy with it. I’ve been places where others would need mods but since it’s so light, I’ve been able to manage. Had a bad experience lifting it, as some here will be able to attest to, but it was the shop’s fault since they sold me the wrong kit. I’ve since found the right one and am looking forward to installing it soon. My wife and I love taking it out to the beach. Not long ago I assisted a man whose driveshaft had broken on his F-150; I towed him off the road & the Compass didn’t even break a sweat.
Did you buy yours? I just saw your post is 7d old 🤣

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found a 2019 trail hawk with 30,000 miles on it they want 24,999 I was going to offer 23,000 so wish me luck thank you all for the great information.

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Compass Trailhawk
176 Posts
You may want to check. Lots of rebates and deals. I bet you might be able to get a 21 for about 5000 more

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well guys I bought a Jeep Compass trail hawk 2019 bought it today looking forward to see what this thing will do

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
they had 24,995 I got them down to 23,000 and 2500 for my 2008 Jeep Liberty I felt good about the deal.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts