My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I washed the Jeep tonight and when I was pulling into my street on the way home from washing I felt water hit my right leg. I had a bottle of water in the cup holder that was never open and thougt it may have leaked. Not the case. After I puuled in the garage I got a flashlight out and discovered the water was coming out od the 2 black buttons in my dome lamp. When I pull into my street I am going on an uphil grade and then make a 90 degree right tuen and then start down a hill. I don't know if this is the first sign of a sunroof leak or just a fluke. I have had the Compass since the end of August and it has been washed dozens of times and has been in mant hard rain storms. It did rain very hard today and was very windy but there was no sign of leakage on the way home from work. This occured after I washed it in an inclosed heated garage. I don't know if there was just some excess water laying in the tracks and the hard rocking motion pulling into my street made it splash over the rails. Any suggestions or has anyone had a sunroof leak on a 2011. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been lurking here but haven't posted yet. I have a 2011 Compass and had the sunroof leak similar to yours. I was camping and parked at a slight incline (back higher than front) and it rained extremely hard. When I drove home I noticed that the dome light in the front was leaking and full of water (leaking through the black buttons like you mentioned and looked like a new fish bowl option).

I told the dealer when I went to get an oil change soon after and they didn't notice any problems, but said that it could be the drain tubes were put in too tight or something to that effect and if it happened again to bring it back in to do more investigating. Fortunately it hasn't happened again so I am not sure what the problem is. Makes me a little more nervous hearing the same problem from someone else though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts