My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the title says, tell us about what you got for Christmas or what your Compass got for Christmas, extra credit for pics!!!! Me, I got a HUGE bbq grill, half gas, half charcoal, smoker, the works. Will put up a pic when it's not dark! :)

- Cherokee

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Good idea..........can't wait to see that BBQ of yours............it sounds like a monster !!!!

Me I got nothing.............reason is simple that family is going skiing in Banff Albeta for one week in the upcoming spring break at the end of february...............me not millionaire so we told the daughter............no gift (she still had a few small ones, the wife couldn't resist) and she is bringing a friend on top of it too !!!!

Was a good one (X-Mass) and we've been skiing since........not a lot of snow yet in the area but thank god for artificial one.........conditions are acceptable.

So i'll post a picture of nothing ................for now !!!!!!!! :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
The Compass got a car wash for Christmas, to wash off the salt and sand, in order to look good for drive to our Christmas Service. Because my husband has a handicapped permit, we park in the first parking space, next to the entrance to our church.

My husband and I originally said we would buy only 1 big present, but we broke our promise. We had many packages under the tree, so much for trying to avoid the conspiciuous consumerism of the season. As for me, I got a diamond ring enhancer to wrap around my soliatire (engagement) ring. and a diamond necklace and a kitchenaid mixer, along with other smaller gifts (ok, I am a princess). I gave my husband a electronics, new boots, and other assorted items.

The happiest recipient however is Gator, our 3 year old German Shorthaired Pointer. He got racquet balls and tennis balls, in his mind, the greatest invention ever. He loves catch tennis balls and retrieve them, and now with the snow, he pretends to miss them, letting them fall into the snow, then digs them out. There isn't a square foot of snow in our yard that isn't disturbed. For Christmas, I put out seed for the wild bird, and cobs of dried corn and peanuts for the squirrels, and Gator spends a great deal of his time "on point"

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool Ffl, I would say a ski trip definitely counts and glad to hear you're enjoying some time outside!!!

Very nice gifts Barbara and yes, my dog got spoiled with treats, too. I have to save some though because her birthday is Jan. 1st so she's got another whole round coming lol! I really have to try that dried corn for the squirrels, I saw where someone had done that and I don't know who was having more fun, the squirrels or the people watching them! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just remembered that we got a small/cheap digital camera for Christmas. Now I have to figure out how to work it, and how to down load photos to the computer. I'm not sure, but I think that I have enough posts now that I could post a photo of my Compass.

Hey Feel for Life: We've done the vacation for Christmas thing in the past (Florida Trips). Tell your daughter that a big trip is special, becuase after all, you pretty much forget what you've gotten for Christmas, but you will always carry memories of those special trips (and family time with you for life. Hope you have a great trip.

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Barb, this is exactly why the wife and I decided on this trip and especailly after the events of 2009..............live life the fullest................'cause you're dead for a looooooong time it seems !

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok folks, let's hear it, what was under those trees this year, any mods perhaps? And we won't tell if you're returning it for what you really wanted lol! Me, pretty usual stuff, money, gift cards, a blanket, some cool stuff from my dad's trip to Jamaica, nice gift box from my mom, a GPS, couple really neat books and I'm sure I'm leaving something out. So what did y'all get?

- Cherokee

·
Registered
308 Posts
Awesome Christmas, stayed home and had a small family day, didnt return to England this year. I had some clothes, blu-rays, the new Stephen King JFK book and a throwback to my youth Thundercats figure! We had a joint Tassimo and our boy (nearly 2) had his first train set and lots of Cars 2 cars.... only thing for the Jeep is the family sticker, minimal snowfall and the next payment! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
Oh and most importantly, some imported Police sunglasses and this Jenson Button F1 Champion statue:

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
North got his present a lil late . anywho hes getting some seat covers that are black with JEEP logo on them ( yes I will retrofit for the head rests :) ) and some front floor mats that are black with JEEP logo. Ill post up some pics when i get them put in

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Some cool stuff guys and Northcompass, I like those seat covers! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
265 Posts
realtune Nice Board 8)
BTW Northcompass next summer Realtune performance from North Ridgeville Oh close to you will do SRT track day and maybe dyno day. I will keep you inform about that's because I do not have anymore Caliber srt4 tuned but I will be there. Maybe MLB game and Christie's club after the baseball game.:hyper:

:canada:

·
Registered
42 Posts
BTW Northcompass next summer Realtune performance from North Ridgeville Oh close to you will do SRT track day and maybe dyno day. I will keep you inform about that's because I do not have anymore Caliber srt4 tuned but I will be there. Maybe MLB game and Christie's club after the baseball game.:hyper:

:canada:
cool beans

1 - 20 of 20 Posts