My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, been staking this forum out for a few day now, finally joined this afternoon. I'm currently part of a very active MINI forum and hope to make the switch to this forum which look sjust as friendly, helpful and fun.

Looking to move from a 2005 MINI to a 2011 Jeep Compass Limted 2.0L 4X2

My better half and I are looking to start our family soon so I'm laying the foundations by getting a bigger vehicle! any excuse to go car vehicle shopping

I have a test drive booked in for this weekend, any body got any tips's or pointers, things to look out for, common pit falls ect.

I've read 10's of reviews so far, not all of them good, but I'd like to epxerience th Compass for myself.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you! I think you said it best, reading the reviews and doing your research is always a good thing but driving it for yourself is really going to be the decision maker so good luck, be sure to keep us posted and I hope you enjoy the site! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the welcome Cherokee.

i test drove a Jeep Compass 4X2 2.0L Limited this weekend and was very impressed.

The level of kit was good, the vehicle certainly has presence on the road.

drove well, feel like I'll take some time to get acustomed to it, most importantly the wife was impresses, she said she felt like a bit of a celebrity riding around in the back seat

treid to haggle on the price but the dealer was having none of it, mainly becuase of the 0% finance deal at the moment, agreed to install the rear parking sensors

just concerned about the crash testing now, not been tested as yet.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Good to hear! So you did get it? As for crash testing, I don't believe much changed in that respect from previous models but I'll be curious to see how the 2011's fare when in testing as well.

- Cherokee

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Placed an order last Friday! looking forward to delivery now which should be 10-14 days.

I orders a:
2011 Jeep Compass
Limited
Black
Rear parking sensors installed

I'll post pic's as soon as a I get em'

anyone got a PDI sort of checklist, or a vehicel collection checklist which I could use?

With regards to crash tests...

New 2010 Jeep Compass Crash Tests - 2010 Jeep Compass Crash Test Ratings - Motor Trend Magazine

These are some stats I've dug up relating to crash tests

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Awesome and congrats, can't wait to see it! The Limited is going to be very nice! Don't know if you were trying to post a link to the crash test results or not but it didn't work. As for PDI checklist, first thing I do is a good all around visual inspection, for any nicks, scrapes, paint damage etc. The dealerships usually do a pretty good PDI but never hurts I suppose to check your belts/hoses and fluids as well but good luck and keep us posted!

- Cherokee

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks everybody!

I pick him up on Saturday afternoon, went and signed the paperwork this Saturday passed.

Dealer is going to get the Mrs. a bunch of flowers as well which is a very nice touch I think.

cant wait to drive out that showroom...I'll post pics as soon as I can. forgive mevif this is the wrong area to post this question...so the sound system plays dvd's and it has ipod/usb "input" by any chance can the system play and output dvd's to an ipad perhaps?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hi Soon2Be,

This is all AFAIK but the dvd is for audio dvds only i think. The input is for audio only too, from any mp3 player and it works with iPad audio

You can't output video to an iPad either, but what i do is use the iPad for video connected to the stereo for audio so the whole car can listen

Good luck and enjoy the car, its very different to the Mini. How popular is the 2011 in UK, is it being advertised and reviewed well? I'm from Birmingham but living in Canada, family told me the car was all over TV when we got ours

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Soon2Be,

This is all AFAIK but the dvd is for audio dvds only i think. The input is for audio only too, from any mp3 player and it works with iPad audio

You can't output video to an iPad either, but what i do is use the iPad for video connected to the stereo for audio so the whole car can listen

Good luck and enjoy the car, its very different to the Mini. How popular is the 2011 in UK, is it being advertised and reviewed well? I'm from Birmingham but living in Canada, family told me the car was all over TV when we got ours
Hello mate, thanks for the info.

It's being advertised, but not extensivly, seen a couple of ad's, more over the past few weeks, the 0% finance is very attractive!

I havent seen not a single 2011 on the road which is a bit worrying!, but then there arnet that many Jeep dealers about in London compare to other brands.

thing is i found American built cars arent well recived in the UK, as soon as you say Jeep the first thing thats comes out of someone's mouth is unreliable! and I still went a nd bought one.

the reviews are pretty poor here, Whatcar gave it 2/5 starts, Topgear 10/20 and a couple more poor reviews, for the money there are "better" options out there, like the CRV or the Quahqai which is super popular

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hey, did you get the car yet?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey, did you get the car yet?
oh yeah!

picked up on Wednesday been out in it every day since

I'll get some pics up soon, gonna enter the Jeep Compass of the month competition,

I'm loving it so so, only did 100 miles so far so I'll provide more feedback soon

anyone know where this UCI thingy for USB/Ipod slot, I have the 235 sound system (non touch screen)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts