My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed power locks and keyless entry/alarm on my compass. It came out really good. I am still considering the power windows thing but at the moment I am content with keyless entry and an alarm.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Nice! I installed power locks on my compass as well. There's something about installing power windows that scares me... im not that adventurous to try it lol.

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Welcome to the forum cactus...........tell us more about your ride.....

·
Registered
280 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
need upgrade !

does anybody know a place that can do my power windows and door for a reasonable price, im from san diego and just recently bought a 2008 jeep compass, i love the car but i cant get over the fact that its manual. i need to upgrade right away ...! thanks

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Welcome to the forum noelle2010 since I see you're new here! Unfortunately I don't have an answer to your question, but perhaps there is someone on here from your neck of the woods that can help you out with that. In the meantime, when you get a chance, be sure to introduce yourself to everyone in the Owner Introduction section! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys, I have a jeep compass sport 2007, my very first car. It didn't come with power locks and power windows. For power locks I will install them soon, I was quoted 300$ for it with a remote starter.

Did some of you guys have good experiences with installing power windows? I was quoted 1000$ for 4 doors. Does it sound reasonable?

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Welcome to the forum The Birdman, glad to have you! I don't know much about installing power windows after the fact. Was that quote through a dealership or an independent shop?

- Cherokee

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Cherokee,

The quote was from an independent shop. I tried to contact some jeep dealers in Toronto, and they told me to look at aftermarket shops.

Every time that I have passengers, I feel bad : "Did you lock the doors? What about that window?". I'm trying to fix for myself too, I'm tired of that extra-exercise.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
I hear you, the Compass was the only vehicle I had that did have power windows/locks, so I do understand the convenience for sure, and without knowing much about what is involved here, I'd say if it were me, I'd pay $1,000 for that! :)

- Cherokee

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.