My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test drove an 18 TH yesterday and when fiddling with the seat adjustments I couldn't help but notice that the power lumbar support was fairly noisy when adjusting out,up or down, but, silent when adjusting in. Is that normal? When I say fairly noisy I mean that it sounds more like a small compressor running than a servo-motor. If it is a compressor then what I'm hearing makes some sense.

I'm seriously considering putting an offer in on the vehicle and am wondering if that's something that should get sorted before I take delivery.

Thanks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I wouldn't think that the noise of the power lumbar support would affect your decision overall? For me, it is a one and done thing. So the noise only has to annoy me once...

·
Registered
966 Posts
I don't know exactly what it uses but my impression is that its some kind of air bag, so to increase support it makes sense to me that a small compressor would pump air into the bladder but to decrease it need only open a small valve to let air escape? Just wildly guessing here. Like airwolf I'm not sure there is really much to be concerned about when you buy something new its covered under warranty for a good long while.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Airwolf - No it doesn't, but, if it's broken I would rather have it fixed before I pick it up. It's also possible that it would get adjusted every time we change drivers - we're a one-car family - so if it's nylon gears grinding it won't take long for complete failure.

Arudlang - That's what I'm thinking, but, I just wanted feedback from someone who has the power lumbar control to know if what I'm hearing is normal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts