My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT: power steering fine, its the rack an pinion that have gone bad! 9 miles left on warrenty...woohoo!

interesting and unsettling that the 07s are having so many issues...
I just dropped mine off at dealer(9miles left on factory warrenty) cuz my power steering was just gone last night. SMALL red puddle on the garage floor, so i figured it needed fluid. I added some before i set off this morning, and it didn't help. So i manhandled it the 3.5 miles to the dealer. By the time i got there i was leaking something dark, alomost looked like oil but was a little lighter in color for both the left and right sides of the engine bay. really weird. I'll let yall know what it turns out to be, but damn.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Update

sure enough. rack and pinion needs replacement. ANd they need to order one, so rental car it is. And rental place had to gimmie a chrysler by contract... so i got a Dodge caravan for a day or 2.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
So how's it going with this? Have they been able to fix it yet?

- Cherokee

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea parts took longer than expected to get in, so rather than rush it i told them to take their time. so i'll keep the caravan rental til monday

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Oh, ok. At least they were able to get the parts, national back orders seem to be a problem lately.

- Cherokee

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, ok. At least they were able to get the parts, national back orders seem to be a problem lately.

- Cherokee
just got her back yesterday morning: invoice says they replaced: the gear assembly- 1 gear Rack and pinion
then adjusted toe of course.
also replaced my footrest and flashlight that were broken too. im impressed.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Very nice, sounds like you're getting great customer service, too! Glad to hear you have it back! :)

- Cherokee

1 - 7 of 7 Posts