My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sorry, I checked but can't find it either..... Have you had any issues with the subwoofer in your tailgate? Mine rattles/squeaks over the slightest bump, it sounds like it's loose.....

·
Registered
381 Posts
I've heard of the tailgate speaker squeak a few times on here. Makes me a little glad I didn't get the sound package on mine.

·
Registered
23 Posts
yes, mine is really bad, I've been to the dealership 3 times for this and they haven't been able to figure it out....... They changed the liftgate struts, then tightened my spoiler, then wanted to change the struts again........ I just brought the Jeep home and figured out the problem myself........

I had to wedge foam pieces under the woofer (there is a small hole near the spare tire that you can stick your hand in) and it completely stopped the squeaking....... but it's a quick fix, I really want the dealership to fix this issue.... so I'm taking it to a different dealership Monday, they will open up the back and attach the woofer.......

Thank god for Gold Plan Warranties!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Nice job michou with the temporary fix, but I agree, the dealership should take care of this for you. :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
23 Posts
lol Thanks, not too shabby for a girl right ;)
And believe me, I will get every piece of work I can get under warranty lol, didn't pay all that extra money for the gold plan for nothing!

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Nothing shabby about that at all, I know plenty of girls who work on their own vehicle and are very capable, too! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was able to reach my speaker but there is no information about the power written on it!
I was shocked! :p

But it's written Boston Acoustics and they are not too beautiful. The magnet is pretty big though.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Just a side note I think the subwoofer is in the right side of the cargo bay, the tailgate is just a couple of medium sized speakers.

Btw Michou did you stick that foam under the tailgate speakers or under the subwoofer (the box part that's there on the right but not on the left of the cargo bay, on mine anyway). I find the rattling annoying but mainly from outside the jeep. Would be nice to get rid of it...

·
Registered
23 Posts
I put the foam under the woofer not the 2 flip down tailgate speakers.
(you can reach the subwoofer by taking out the big plastic cover in the trunk, there is a small hole near the spare tire (on the right where the subwoofer is), I just stuck a few pieces of insulation foam under the woofer box...........

The noise stopped after I put foam pieces underneath the subwoofer, but I wanted the problem fixed (not just a quick fix) so I brought it in at my dealership, they removed the back panels and secured the subwoofer......

·
Banned
1 Posts
Premium Sound System offers good audio quality and a useful bass-boost function. It also includes a built-in handle and can run off of battery power for full portability. The speaker unit works with a nice array of XM satellite radio players and includes auxiliary line-in for use with MP3 players.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts