My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Gf has a jeep compass that she is leasing. I from vegas but i was living in texas for he last 2 years. when i moved back her jeep has been sitting for i dont know how long. she didnt drive it cause he step dad has an extra car and she was gonna go over her miles on her lease. but enough of that the battery was dead and like two of the tire are really low. so today i tried to jump start it and it wouldn't turn on all the electronics turned on but it wouldnt start. Also this code on the odemeter kept saying 9ate or gate. i also check the back cargo door and it was close. does anyone know anything bout this or coud help me out please.

·
Registered
381 Posts
It's possible the battery is shot. That's the only thing I can think of off the top of my head. I had my battery go dead, (electronics would come on but the vehicle wouldn't start). After a quick battery change it started and runs great. If you have another battery around you can try in it's place that would tell you if it's a battery or an electronics problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's possible the battery is shot. That's the only thing I can think of off the top of my head. I had my battery go dead, (electronics would come on but the vehicle wouldn't start). After a quick battery change it started and runs great. If you have another battery around you can try in it's place that would tell you if it's a battery or an electronics problem.
Yea i was just thinking the same thing i gonna tak the battery and have it tested at autozone right now

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea cause i was jumping it and everything turns on but it wont start and as soon as i take the jumper cables off everything is dead again. so yea i think its the battery f ing women she gonna be like now i have to buy a battr wtf. well maybe if you started the car once in a while u woudn't have too.lol

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
If you have a charger you could put it on for an afternoon and see if it will hold a charge and boost it afterwards. That gate indicator is the rear door. the latch sensor must not be tripped for it to go off. Open it and give it a good hard closes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you have a charger you could put it on for an afternoon and see if it will hold a charge and boost it afterwards. That gate indicator is the rear door. the latch sensor must not be tripped for it to go off. Open it and give it a good hard closes.
Yea i took it to autozone it didnt hold a charge its the battery. Ye i slammed the rear door it turned off. Now i need a new battery 70 buck

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Yea i took it to autozone it didnt hold a charge its the battery. Ye i slammed the rear door it turned off. Now i need a new battery 70 buck
If the gate light becomes a problem the latch in the gate will need adjustment so that the switch within it is activated. But the dealer will have to fix it once the vehicle is returned from the lease anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Amazing how many words you can misspell using a Blackberry!:)
I don't know, my Blackbery smartphone is pretty smart....it even thinks it knows what I am thinking or going to say next! The spelling, however, that's all me. :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea sorry for the misspelling lol but yea the battery is shot now she has to pay 70bucks for a new one. If it's a least do you think they will say something if it doesn't have the orignial battery.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Generally they don't care as long as it works. I've never heard of them giving anyone trouble for changing the battery before.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Although I've never leased a vehicle, I don't see where they would give you any problem over that.

- Cherokee

·
Registered
381 Posts
My girlfriend leases all her vehicles. They only seem to care about scratches, windows and the interior.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts