My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a jeep compass 2008 north edition on sunday i was driving around with my friend and at a redlight my whole dach light up and rmp went down to zero and i couldnt start it up anymore its been two days and the people at my garage cant find the problem can anyone help me out?:sadwavey:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Steve: I'm a new member here...Judging by your symptoms, it sounds like a computer problem or electrical...Best thing to do, is have it checked out by a Jeep /Chrysler dealer because you have no choice...They will run it through their diagnostics computer system and then advise you of the problem. Go from there...Since it's a 2008 model, I recommend you do this before contacting other auto elecs/mechanics. See what they say first before doing anything else.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I'd start with a known 100% good battery. Check the power distribution fuses in the TIPM located above the battery and to the right a little. You'll need a multimeter as well.

Once you have a good battery. when the key is turned the lamps you come on as part of the test mod. You'll need to do a series of tests to determine where or what the problem is. Taking it to the dealer or Auto electric mechanic shop are you likely options though. A good experienced base line is needed to isolate that problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts