My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, about a month ago, My brother was driving our compass and got in an accident. We sent it in for repairs to this company that specialized in repairing cars after they had had accidents. We got the car back a week ago and it drove fine for the first two days. But in the last few days, this sound kept coming every time we hit a bump on the road. That stopped day before yesterday. We figured the car was fine, but it returned again today. Every time we turn the steering wheel completely to the left, it makes this sound as though something is breaking.

I am going to see the dealer and send the car in for an inspection in the next couple of days. I was just wondering if anyone out here could shed some light on what you think the problem could be.

Thanks.

·
Registered
204 Posts
That sounds like tie-rod/ suspension issue.

Not cool... I've heard so many horror stories from people about problems cropping up after getting into accidents with the vehicles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I took it to my dealer for an inspection. It turns out it was a broken linkage on the right hand side. The service manager told me to come back the next day at 1:30pm. It would take 30 minutes and would be covered under my warranty. I showed up at around 1:20 pm. I waited around the dealership for 3 hours. I was out of there at 4:30pm. They kept promising me that my car would go in next, every half hour. Awful. But the car is fixed and running perfectly fine so far. (touch wood)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Another reason I don't like dealerships, they tend to try and make EVERYONE happy by saying what they think people want to hear. I would rather be told that they are backed up due to a problematic repair and it will take another 2-3 hrs than some BS that it's only going to be another 1/2 hr.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts