My Jeep Compass Forum banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Will there be a cost ? I would love to get this problem resolved
be nice to have music and use unconnected again.
Hello San,

If your vehicle is within factory warranty parameters, there should be no cost to you. However, if the update is released as an over-the-air update, a dealer visit is not typically required.

Steph
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey there, just got the compass high altitude 2 months ago and now that started to have the issue that the speakers will slowly start fading till you don't hear anything. Not even radio or Sirius xm, not even the navigation sounds from the one included. Should I bring it to the dealership? Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey there, just got the compass high altitude 2 months ago and now that started to have the issue that the speakers will slowly start fading till you don't hear anything. Not even radio or Sirius xm, not even the navigation sounds from the one included. Should I bring it to the dealership? Thanks.
As far as I know there will be an over-the-air software update sometime in December 2022 that should resolve the issue.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hi mmcm.carrillomendez,

You're welcome to visit the dealership if you wish! However, it has been shared that a software update is to be released to address this concern.

Steph
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
630 Posts
How do we reach out to you? My radio is regular volume then over time gets quieter and quieter.
Hi NovaFitMom,

To start a conversation, click our username then select the ‘start a conversation’ button on our profile. If the option doesn't show, feel welcome to give a call 877-426-5337 and we can discuss further.

Steph
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
630 Posts
Got the same problem. I called Uconnect but they said that there’s no problem on their end and to go to the dealership. Didn’t mention anything about an update.
Hi there, RedBull

Were you provided with a case number when you spoke with the Uconnect agent? Please feel welcome to share your case number via private message and we're happy to look into it for you.

Steph
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you can enter settings from apps icon do a factory reset- we did a factory reset because we were having issues with the volume decreasing after 1-2hours, didn't matter sirus, fm,am or Bluetooth. I'm willing to bet a factory reset would fix most uConnect issues.
I have the same issue with my 2022 Jeep compass Trailhawk purchased two weeks ago, volume decreasing after 20-30 mins or less than an hour, have to stop and then restart to get back the volume but thats not guaranteed, sometimes have to switch it off for atleast 3-5 mins.. Also if I am on call over bluetooth, even after the engine is off and car is locked still the bluetooth Carplay will be ON connected with the phone. On the settings Radio to be off when engine off, but it acts weird. As per dealership, needs a software update which they are not sure when that would happen from Chrysler, might be in January or February 2023, that means I have to wait for an unsure update with the faulty sound system with a brand NEW vehicle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi there, RedBull

Were you provided with a case number when you spoke with the Uconnect agent? Please feel welcome to share your case number via private message and we're happy to look into it for you.

Steph
Jeep Cares
Nope no case number. Dealership will take my car in next week to take a look but from what I’m seeing on this board they probably cannot fix it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My dealer is now requesting that I bring my 2022 Compass in for a warranty replacement of the radio. What is not clear is if this is a guess on their part or a known solution For the radio fade issue.
i do not believe this is a software problem.
While it will be 2 weeks before I can get the car in for this service, I will post the results Of this effort.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nope no case number. Dealership will take my car in next week to take a look but from what I’m seeing on this board they probably cannot fix it.
Did that work at least ? I have noticed as someone else mentioned here that having the heat on might be messing up the radio. Without the heat on it works normally.
Thanks for this. Unless the replacement radio they are going to put in my vehicle has been modified for heat dissipation, I fully expect the new unit to have the same issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My dealer is now requesting that I bring my 2022 Compass in for a warranty replacement of the radio. What is not clear is if this is a guess on their part or a known solution For the radio fade issue.
i do not believe this is a software problem.
While it will be 2 weeks before I can get the car in for this service, I will post the results Of this effort.
We purchased our new Jeep Compass on 10/29/22 and began having radio issues as described on 11/17/22. We took it to our dealer who informed us that they were hearing of similar issues, that at this point there is no solution, replacing the radio will not fix the problem, and their advice was to wait for a software update from Jeep. We are beyond frustrated as we had to travel 11 hours one-way over Thanksgiving with no music or navigational sound. We unpaired our phones but that did nothing. We resorted to placing a portable Bluetooth speaker in the Jeep as an alternative…not ideal. This was our first Jeep purchase and I sincerely hope that Jeep stands behind their name.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We purchased our new Jeep Compass on 10/29/22 and began having radio issues as described on 11/17/22. We took it to our dealer who informed us that they were hearing of similar issues, that at this point there is no solution, replacing the radio will not fix the problem, and their advice was to wait for a software update from Jeep. We are beyond frustrated as we had to travel 11 hours one-way over Thanksgiving with no music or navigational sound. We unpaired our phones but that did nothing. We resorted to placing a portable Bluetooth speaker in the Jeep as an alternative…not ideal. This was our first Jeep purchase and I sincerely hope that Jeep stands behind their name.
For now take off the heat completely if you really need to use the radio and navigation sound for a long time . That’s the only way it works for me. Went on a 3 hour trip and back without a problem. Once I turn the heat on it’s done within 30-45 minutes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been suffering this same issue since the temperatures dropped and the heating is on in my 2022 Jeep Compass. It worked fine all summer, no issues with the volume. Now after 10 - 30 minutes of drivetime the volume slowly fades to nothing. I'll have the volume maxed to 38 and you can barely hear the music. It doesn't matter if its SiriusXM, Bluetooth, USB, AM/FM. I've tried all the setting and nothing seems to work. The guys at the dealership can't figure it out and told me to wait for a software update.... I'm to the point where i have a bluetooth speaker in my vehicle so at least I can have music. The volume would return after a hard reset but eventually fades out again.
I have been having the same issue. I own the High Altitude since May 2022, my radio has been out since the beginning of Nov, I have an appointment at the dealership on Dec 15 to have it checked out but deep down I know they won't solve the issue. I am curious to know if this has been happening with other Jeep models like the Grand Cherokee.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I also just bought my 2022 Compass Tailhawk on 11-9-2022 that has the 10.2 inch display and fully digital dash screen, I have analyzed all your comments and found there is definitely a correlation between using the radio in colder temperature and needing to use the heater, and people not having to! This makes me believe that an over-the-air software update will not work! As an old computer designer and builder but someone who has not seen the radio module in person, it really looks like the radios will need redesigned and replaced with ones that stay cooler in all weather scenarios! If someone from Jeep Cares could get me the schematic with the location of the radio module and correlation to the Heating and AC ducts and the location of the interior heating coil. I would love to take a stab of a redesign that will work for everyone!

·
Registered
7 Posts
For now take off the heat completely if you really need to use the radio and navigation sound for a long time . That’s the only way it works for me. Went on a 3 hour trip and back without a problem. Once I turn the heat on it’s done within 30-45 minutes.
Driving without heating in New England is suicide. And we shouldn't have to go through all that with a brand new car. This is my first Jeep, and honestly I am super disappointed. I’ve had this car for practically less than 6 months, the infotainment system is a huge mess. Any idea if other Jeep models have similar issue?

21 - 40 of 55 Posts