My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,
bad new for me:( From the last couple of hundred kilometers I have a squealing noise coming from the back of the car which goes louder when I am moving faster. Soooo...today I went to the garage....and the "judges" said: Rear Differential. Almost make me cry since it goes around 2000$.

I am driving the Jeep Compass 2007 2.0 TD diesel.

So i started look around to find cheap genuine parts store, or an used one. And I encounter the following problem: there seems to be several rear differentials for Compass/Patriot/Caliber. At Mopar page I see 2 types of differentials, this one:

http://www.mopar.com/part/3501A115?s=288297&i=870301&b=jeep

with a part number: Part # 3501A115

and this one:
http://www.mopar.com/part/3501A058?s=288297&i=870300&b=jeep

with part number: 3501A058

It says both fits Patriot/Compass....but there seems to be a difference I cannot understand. Is it had to do with the transmission (manual or CVT)? With the gear ratios?! Also I have find on ebay some used one saying. With or witouht Low Gear?! What this Low Gear means.

I will be very thankful if somebody can answer my question, cause I am in the dark in that matter. Thank you in advance!:)

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I gather you're in the UK since diesel are not here in NA. There may be a TSB on rear axle problems. You might want to check with the local dealer and see what they say. They should not fail during normal life and especially this early.

It worth a visit and talk to the service manager not the reps of the dealership. The one you bought it from and if no satisfaction also another dealer. This is NOT normal wear and tear.

Good luck. I hate when parts like that fail. Engineering and/or poor quality.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi tripplec,
I`m from Bulgaria - Eastern Europe. I went to the best garage in the city, that take care of the most expensive cars around, and they said it is the differential. The Jeep Dealer in Sofia, Bulgaria is a rip-off. They charge waaaay to much for everything. I know it isn`t suppose to break at 45 000 miles....but the vehicle is out of warranty and there isnt much I can do :(

Here in Bulgaria the things are not like NA :( There is 1 dealer for each marque and if you are not satisfied...there is not much you can do.....than not boying your car from Jeep, but from Toyota. In USA you guys have much more choice, and the dealers take care of their customers. Here if you are out of warranty....**** off and thats it :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts