My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I've started planning my next major project. I'm stuck between adding skid plates or installing tow hooks. Both are useful yet pricey and I'm sure some of you out there would like to do the same thing as I. So what I'd like to know is which everyone on here would like to see and I'll research that way. Maybe someone has something that I haven't thought of they would like to see. I'm planning this for next year so there's lots of time for input.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I don't know how anybody builds a vehicle without TOW HOOKS.
Nobody has yet to give me an idea of how they would pull the car if needed.
Also I sooo need proper tie downs for my canoe.
I would be sure that you HAVE given some though to this already . . . .

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How did I know you were going to ask for that I2? I have given quite a bit of thought to the hooks. I haven't physically climbed under and looked for the holes but I'm sure that they're there. I know the measurements for the cutouts and thier location on the bumper. I also know how big the hooks are and how they attach. I also know the part numbers and pricing. I've done the same for the skid plates and know all the specifics about them too. My only concern is how it will look with the cutouts but a little imagination and I should be able to figure that out too.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I believe the hooks extend slightly beyond the bumper, being hooks from a different vehicle it's difficult to say without doing it. You might be able to rig up some sort of cover for them if you wanted. I'm not sure how a hole in the compass bumper will look compared to the patriot bumper.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.