My Jeep Compass Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding back home a few nights ago and I noticed that some control lights are either not working or missing..........

So here is my question.......on the the door control panel...is it normal that the only one working is the one in green, all the red arrows are dead???

Driver's side

Passenger's side

There seem to be an opening on all of them for lighting.....but most of them are dark.........plus how can you see the cruise control knobs in the dark ???? Again there is no light to help you at night ......

If that is the case well...........it's the first major flaw I find on this vehicule.......is it a bad case of engineering from Jeep's design team?

It makes you wonder............:confused::confused:

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have never noticed them to change color.

Usually just use the braille method.

I think it is so cool that apparently the passengers side window control also controls the seat back. At least on the 2009 North Ed.

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CL...........

They don't change color...........except for the one shown in green........they are all dead.....

Here in Canada........the front control activates the front only..........it just restrict the entire usage if you choose to........

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've never even noticed if mine have lights...I'll check tonight.
As for why only one lights up, it may be that Jeep has one switch for all vehicles, with the port for a light, instead of multiple switches. Saves in production costs and means there is only one part number for a replacement switch, no matter which one goes out.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I've never even noticed if mine have lights...I'll check tonight.
As for why only one lights up, it may be that Jeep has one switch for all vehicles, with the port for a light, instead of multiple switches. Saves in production costs and means there is only one part number for a replacement switch, no matter which one goes out.
Ya - I'm sure it would have cost a whole bunch extra to make them all glow.
Add that to the savings of a lockig glove box.
These are not huge luxury features.
But meanwhile we have an AC outlet in case you want to plug in a lab top or recharge a battery will on the road, so we can't complain.

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so I'm not alone here.............hummmm

·
Registered
656 Posts
Nice touch on the 2009, door lock switch on arm rest. Any other improvements other then the cool round vents?

·
Registered
381 Posts
The dash has been re-designed, that's about all I've noticed about them. The salesman listed off about a dozen things when I bought mine and I think most of them are minor things.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
The only one that is going to show green is the driver's side which controls the one touch down feature. Never understood why because it sure would be helpful in night driving. Don't know how many times I accidentally rolled down the back window, lol :)

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Well this is all good but I would sure like to have all the windows and power door locks at the driver door lit. It a safety issue when you're looking down and trying to see what button to press and get the wrong one first time every time and then have to correct and guess again. This is so so bad no rep will even tell you even if he knows.

Really ticked off at that.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Well this is all good but I would sure like to have all the windows and power door locks at the driver door lit. It a safety issue when you're looking down and trying to see what button to press and get the wrong one first time every time and then have to correct and guess again. This is so so bad no rep will even tell you even if he knows.

Really ticked off at that.
I personally don't look, I just know where they are by feel. Like finding one's glasses in the dark

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Well I am not into the feel and push gear. I glance down but in this case I am blind.

That said I pursued this to the nth degree and believe there is a solution. This should be a direct swap for the compass. Driver's Door Part Number: 04602780AA

You can search on it for more info but this site is quite a good thread on it. I don't like tinkering with plastic in the cold. too easy to break something.

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11869

·
Registered
59 Posts
A small inconvenience for such a great car, eh??:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.