My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Here's the deal .......I' m in the market to purchase a new Jeep Compass and would like some honest opinion on what to expect from this SUV.

I live in the Montreal area and we have some serious winter up here and I was wondering what should I look for......
I have a 2004 Santa Fe that gave me a lot of good time but I want to downsize a bit due to the price of gaz............and great rebate have with my company if I purchase a Jeep product.

All input is welcome....and yes excuse my french..........I am french Canadian.......Voila !

Later ............and TKS

·
Registered
34 Posts
They are amazing vehicles, i recently bought a 2007 sport, used, with 11,000 miles. The only thing that blows is i cant get the mpg to reach the epa estimated mpg. im getting around 21.5 mpg average. maybe if you got the 2.0l engine itd be better? that is my only complaint with it. they ride nice and the independent suspension is comfortable. i love mine! test drive one and see what you think

·
Registered
91 Posts
You said you would be dealing with snow.. I like down in the midwest and this winder we got a few good snowfalls... My compass has four wheel drive and traction control so when it snowed I turned them on.. They work like a dream I wasnt sliding anywhere and cruised right along.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Salut!

Salut! Je suis de Montreal aussi et j'adore mon Compass 2008 4x4. Il travaille très bien dans la neige, le système d'antipatinage et de contrôle de stabilité est impressionnant et je suis très satisfait de la consommation d'essence du 2.4L (5 vitesses manuel). C'est un véhicule très polyvalent, je ne crois pas qu'il soit vraiment plus petit qu'un Sante Fe par contre mais c'est certain que c'est plus fiable qu'un Hyundai... Un Jeep c'est un Jeep! J'ai eu un rabais intéressant aussi avec mon employeur alors entre le Rav-4, le CRV et le Compass, le choix n'était pas trop difficile. Même au prix régulier j'en obtenais plus pour le prix. Je te le conseille sans hésiter!

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Well here she is..........picked her up last week..........been raining since too. So last saturday I gave her a wash...............came out good !!!!

2009 Compass 4X4 Special North Edition.............the only thing I wanted was the sun roof but had to wait too long...............she is just fine......

Please comment if you want !!!

$hit..........this board won't permit me to post pictures until I post 15 times............what a waste of time in here...............

Can't even cut & paste.............unless someone has a trick..........

let me post idioties...........to reach 15 POSTS......

it works.....................please enjoy......

just a quick comment on a comment that Flipper said and I quote : c'est certain que c'est plus fiable qu'un Hyundai

I will never talk against Hyundai product.........had her for 5.5 years without major flaws............

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
post...half way there.............

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dumb forum rules............30 secs between posts too..........

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
here we go again...........

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
and voila.............I can now post pictures.............let me try

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
what stupid rules................this place really needs to be manage better............if only I had some free time.............

·
Registered
64 Posts
Looks awesome!! I just picked up a 2009 North Edition Bright Silver On, we really like it. This is our first jeep so if this one works out we will probably get another one.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Looks awesome!! I just picked up a 2009 North Edition Bright Silver On, we really like it. This is our first jeep so if this one works out we will probably get another one.
Maybe a Liberty? I'm just saying.. I like the older "Frog Eyed" ones myself. The Liberty is trying too hard to look like the Commander.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have never seen a North Ed. so I am wondering what is that under the side mirror? A side light? A laser tracking device? A bottle opener? Dog sled attachment point? External cigar trimer and lighter? Deer proximity alarm? Side flares? Propane powered lock thawer outer? Smudge on my computer screen? Future on the grid hybred energy transfer connector?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts