My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Compass that came with the factory base radio with Sat and Bluetooth. I recently purchased the upgraded Mygig RBZ radio and installed it today.
It doesnt turn on and my lights in the speedo cluster went nuts while fladhing the headlights. It also wont idle for longer tgan 3 seconds.
Im guessing this is some sort of anti theft feature.
Anyone heard of this before?
Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
534 Posts
Was it completely plug and play, almost sounds like a lose ground wire somewhere?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2014 Compass that came with the factory base radio with Sat and Bluetooth. I recently purchased the upgraded Mygig RBZ radio and installed it today.
It doesnt turn on and my lights in the speedo cluster went nuts while fladhing the headlights. It also wont idle for longer tgan 3 seconds.
Im guessing this is some sort of anti theft feature.
Anyone heard of this before?
Thanks in advance.
Sounds like you're missing a connection from your new stereo to the vehicle interface. On certain vehicles if you are missing a connection (Cam Buss, ground, antenna, etc.) Your car simply won't work... And since your compass didn't come stock with a GPS antenna, or use any parking brake features (DVD, Nav address input) that could be a problem. The interface connections could be pinned-out differently from model to model.

I know that isn't very helpful but since you are installing an OEM radio you'll probably have to check with the dealer so see where the problem is occurring.

I'd say loose that outdated stereo and buy an aftermarket stereo and a wiring harness that prevents nightmares like this. You could potentially damage you vehicle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
All MyGig radios integrate with the vehicles Controller Area Network (CANBus). It sounds like you may have a high-speed CANBus unit. This would explain why the radio works in your Dodge RAM as new RAMs use the high speed bus.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts