My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2016 Compass with the 130 radio with Sirius. I’m wanting to upgrade to a touchscreen the 430 rbz. Found a nice used one on eBay.. the guy said it’s plug and play. So is the Compass a low speed can-bus? Also I won’t need a bypass for the u connect will I?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ended up purchasing a used rbz 430 low speed. Works great! Just plug and play. Huge upgrade for me. Now just need to update it, but kinda afraid cause I don’t want to brick the system.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Certain mopar vehicles use either a high or low speed bus to communicate with the car.. All of Compass models use low speed.. the wranglers use a high speed. So for anyone with a Compass, make sure you get a low speed unit. If you try putting in a high speed unit, it just simply won’t power on. It took all of 5 minutes to install. Super easy! Plug and play.

I added some photos of the old radio, and new radio.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Are you going to install the backup camera now? I was thinking I may buy that too and do it all at once. One more question and I'll leave you alone. :) What was the security code process?

Certain mopar vehicles use either a high or low speed bus to communicate with the car.. All of Compass models use low speed.. the wranglers use a high speed. So for anyone with a Compass, make sure you get a low speed unit. If you try putting in a high speed unit, it just simply won’t power on. It took all of 5 minutes to install. Super easy! Plug and play.

I added some photos of the old radio, and new radio.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I might install the back-up camera at some point. But I do believe you have to have the dealer flash your system for that. So that's why I'm not messing with it. The front piece was easy to get off. It basically just snaps in. If you buy a used radio off eBay or wherever, the seller will provide you with the security code. It's really that simple. Just make sure you get Low Speed!!!

Here is a link to show you how easy it is to install.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts