My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2018 Jeep Compass. A few days after I had it I noticed the screen on the radio didn't look right. I took the car to the dealership, and they informed me that the screen was delaminating so the radio would need to be replaced. The maps were horribly updated and the here website wouldn't accept my application version. Anyways after the dealer replaced the radio, they assured me it'd be up to date with everything which it wasn't. I made several phone calls and finally got to someone at FCA customer service who told me the dealer needed to update the radio to 21.9 and once they did that, I needed 2 OTA updates followed by a 4th from the dealer. I have no idea why they couldn't give me a link to the darn software but whatever. So FCA customer service called the dealer and gave them the instructions. I went to the dealer and waited 4 hours, but they couldn't get the update to work. Every time they tried to update me to 21.9 it said the update was not compatible with this vehicle. They had to open a star tech support case, but it's been almost 2 weeks and they haven't heard back. I saw some other posts and found a link to various radio updates, but I tried them all and they all said not compatible with your vehicle. Any idea how I can get this fixed before I pull all my hair out?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hello, Radio the dealership replaced. What is the manufacture date. Picture below for example. Reason being I had the same issue and they replaced it with an old radio build in 2017. 21.9 is the lastest update for radios built in that year. I had to request them to put a brand new radio and not refurbished one. The one I have installed now is built in 2021. You be able to update the radio from 21.9 to 22.61, 28.3, 39.5 which is the current lastest application software version.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have no idea what the mfg date is. Even if the radio is old I can't even update it to 21.9. The radio is currently on 17.5. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have no idea what the mfg date is. Even if the radio is old I can't even update it to 21.9. The radio is currently on 17.5. Any other ideas?
My guess is that you have an old refurbished radio installed. When trying to update it will cause the radio to blink/not allowed update. Here a example below. My only recommendations is to have the dealership replaced it with a brand new one or purchase one. In my case I had to purchase new one because I'm out of basic warranty.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, Radio the dealership replaced. What is the manufacture date. Picture below for example. Reason being I had the same issue and they replaced it with an old radio build in 2017. 21.9 is the lastest update for radios built in that year. I had to request them to put a brand new radio and not refurbished one. The one I have installed now is built in 2021. You be able to update the radio from 21.9 to 22.61, 28.3, 39.5 which is the current lastest application software version.
My maps have not worked properly on my 2018 Jeep Compass Limited since I bought it. On the turn by turn instructions, for NE, instead of saying "Northeast", it would say "Nebraska." It is still under warranty. The dealer verified the problem and replaced the radio and the antenna but that did not solve the issue. They said the issue is with the company that makes the radios for Jeep and that they could do nothing about it. ... But no other car other lot has this problem! They said I will just have to live with it. 😡

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Compass Trailhawk
462 Posts
That is horse hockey. They picked the supplier. Try again and if not call Jeep. Stay on them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently purchased a 2018 Jeep Compass. A few days after I had it I noticed the screen on the radio didn't look right. I took the car to the dealership, and they informed me that the screen was delaminating so the radio would need to be replaced. The maps were horribly updated and the here website wouldn't accept my application version. Anyways after the dealer replaced the radio, they assured me it'd be up to date with everything which it wasn't. I made several phone calls and finally got to someone at FCA customer service who told me the dealer needed to update the radio to 21.9 and once they did that, I needed 2 OTA updates followed by a 4th from the dealer. I have no idea why they couldn't give me a link to the darn software but whatever. So FCA customer service called the dealer and gave them the instructions. I went to the dealer and waited 4 hours, but they couldn't get the update to work. Every time they tried to update me to 21.9 it said the update was not compatible with this vehicle. They had to open a star tech support case, but it's been almost 2 weeks and they haven't heard back. I saw some other posts and found a link to various radio updates, but I tried them all and they all said not compatible with your vehicle. Any idea how I can get this fixed before I pull all my hair out?
Wait for the dealer to come back to you. A gentle prod like turning up at the dealer and asking them what's going on face to face may speed things up I've always found the Jeep dealer we use to be really friendly and helpful. We had a long running issue with map updates(2016 mapping) which ultimately ended up being stuck with 2016 mapping. I maintain it is the FCA appt Fiat maintain it's the head unit however everything else seems to be bang up to date. We are not paying £2500+ plus labour with a vague offer of a discount to see who is right. However the update method in America is different to the UK. I would also contact Jeep customer services if you haven't already. Good luck. We now just use a Garmin sat nav plugged if we are going somewhere were we don't know the way. Otherwise we both think it's a great car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts