My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a compass limited 2022 I been having issues with the radio since day 2. After 2-4 hours of listening to the radio it starts loosing volume. It can be in 38 the highest and it sounds like if it was in 5 or no sound at all. I already took it to the dealer and according to them they can’t find the problem. What can I do ?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It’s been 9 days since I took the car back to the dealer and until today that I called them and told them that I was going to take legal actions , I was informed that they will do other inspections. I will see what happens. But according to the dealer they have 3 cars with the same issue.

· Registered
56 Posts
You can try to reset the uConnect, here's the procedure:

1. Put your vehicle into accessories mode (push start button once without having your foot on the brake)

2. Hold down the Green Phone and Voice Recognition buttons for 30 seconds (push the buttons immediately after pushing the start button, before the Uconnect system has a chance to fully boot).

3. Let go of the two buttons.

4. Turn vehicle off and wait for the Uconnect screen to go black.

5. Open driver’s side door for thirty seconds.

6. Close driver’s side door.

7. Restart vehicle.

8. Let the uConnect system load up and see if the concern is still present.

· Registered
6 Posts
Update. Last weekend I started a 20 hour road trip. And sure enough the first 30 minutes volume started to fade till nothing. I was frustrated. I ended up inpairing my phone from uconnect and powered the car down for 15 minutes. After that I had no issues the rest of the trip. So I'm 90% sure it has to do with when the phone is paired. Maybe Android Auto. Idk Still needs fixed. As I'm unable to use my phone with the car. But maybe a this is a lead?

· Registered
8 Posts
I recently purchased a compass limited 2022 I been having issues with the radio since day 2. After 2-4 hours of listening to the radio it starts loosing volume. It can be in 38 the highest and it sounds like if it was in 5 or no sound at all. I already took it to the dealer and according to them they can’t find the problem. What can I do ?
We just bought the 2022 Jeep Compass today. Had same issue with radio sound. We caught the issue night before we bought it- we told them about it and they tried to say it may have something to do with the battery. For this reason I requested a longer warranty-bumper to bumper- still happening...think it has to do with unconnect for sure as we didn't have Android auto downloaded at the time. Dealer also stated iPhone works better than Android with pairing. I recommend everyone with this vehicle and the same issue to submit a campaign for the vehicle under recalls so something can be done.

· Registered
8 Posts
You can try to reset the uConnect, here's the procedure:

1. Put your vehicle into accessories mode (push start button once without having your foot on the brake)

2. Hold down the Green Phone and Voice Recognition buttons for 30 seconds (push the buttons immediately after pushing the start button, before the Uconnect system has a chance to fully boot).

3. Let go of the two buttons.

4. Turn vehicle off and wait for the Uconnect screen to go black.

5. Open driver’s side door for thirty seconds.

6. Close driver’s side door.

7. Restart vehicle.

8. Let the uConnect system load up and see if the concern is still present.
Submit a service campaign

· Registered
640 Posts
We just bought the 2022 Jeep Compass today. Had same issue with radio sound. We caught the issue night before we bought it- we told them about it and they tried to say it may have something to do with the battery. For this reason I requested a longer warranty-bumper to bumper- still happening...think it has to do with unconnect for sure as we didn't have Android auto downloaded at the time. Dealer also stated iPhone works better than Android with pairing. I recommend everyone with this vehicle and the same issue to submit a campaign for the vehicle under recalls so something can be done.
Is your Jeep currently being diagnosed by your dealer for this matter, Cee33? If you need additional assistance, our team is available via private message to look into this for you.

Steph
Jeep Cares

· Registered
2022 Compass Altitude
3 Posts
Mine just started doing this as well. Volume gradually starts fading after about 30 minutes until there is no volume at all by 40 minutes. Can't use the phone, listen to texts or use audio nav directions. Once the vehicle is parked for a bit and started again it's good until the 30 minute mark and starts fading again

· Registered
8 Posts
If you can enter settings from apps icon do a factory reset- we did a factory reset because we were having issues with the volume decreasing after 1-2hours, didn't matter sirus, fm,am or Bluetooth. I'm willing to bet a factory reset would fix most uConnect issues.

· Registered
640 Posts
Mine just started doing this as well. Volume gradually starts fading after about 30 minutes until there is no volume at all by 40 minutes. Can't use the phone, listen to texts or use audio nav directions. Once the vehicle is parked for a bit and started again it's good until the 30 minute mark and starts fading again
Seems like some helpful tips have been shared, pjdancemom. If this doesn't improve, feel welcome to message us or contact the Jeep Canada team for further support at 800-465-2001.

Steph
Jeep Cares

· Registered
2022 Compass Altitude
3 Posts
Seems like some helpful tips have been shared, pjdancemom. If this doesn't improve, feel welcome to message us or contact the Jeep Canada team for further support at 800-465-2001.

Steph
Jeep Cares

So the reset is a temporary fix at best. If the volume fades to nothing doing the reset brings it back but if you continue driving the fading starts all over again at that magic 30 minute mark. Not to mention the reset removes all driver settings, phone pairing, etc so not a viable fix for a long drive. The Compass will be going to the dealer as soon as I can get an appointment

· Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone. I have a ‘22 Compass Altitude with the same audio problem. I brought it to the dealer this morning, and they said Chrysler is aware of this problem (which affects audio systems with specific amp (which I forgot)) and Chrysler will update my dealer on the next steps. They also asked my dealer to send them my vehicle’s diagnosis. So right now, I have to endure this issue while waiting for a resolution. I am actually hoping they do a recall as I see many owners have the same problem. I am in Canada btw.

· Registered
2022 Compass Altitude
3 Posts
Hey everyone. I have a ‘22 Compass Altitude with the same audio problem. I brought it to the dealer this morning, and they said Chrysler is aware of this problem (which affects audio systems with specific amp (which I forgot)) and Chrysler will update my dealer on the next steps. They also asked my dealer to send them my vehicle’s diagnosis. So right now, I have to endure this issue while waiting for a resolution. I am actually hoping they do a recall as I see many owners have the same problem. I am in Canada btw.
Thanks for sharing the info. I am also in Canada having these issues with a 2022 Compass Altitude. Will be getting in to the dealer next week.

· Registered
640 Posts
Hi jacob09,

Thanks for adding! We're glad to hear of your update and appreciate your feedback so we can relay it towards the proper internal teams for review.

Steph
Jeep Cares

· Registered
3 Posts
Hi jacob09,

Thanks for adding! We're glad to hear of your update and appreciate your feedback so we can relay it towards the proper internal teams for review.

Steph
Jeep Cares
Hello everyone,
I bought a Jeep Compass trailhawk 2022 in May. I have been experiencing the same issue with the audio with it fading away to zero after about an hour or so of driving.
I did a factory reset of the audio and the problem is still there with it getting worse.
the fca customer service agent informed me that an over the air software update will fix this issue. And didn’t have a timeline for the update.
the service centre is refusing to acknowledge the issue all together when I took it there.
I reached out to jeep Canada over twitter in a dm and there is no response there.
so I guess we’re all just stuck with this situation until the magical update comes along. If that even is a solution to this issue.

· Registered
8 Posts
Hello everyone,
I bought a Jeep Compass trailhawk 2022 in May. I have been experiencing the same issue with the audio with it fading away to zero after about an hour or so of driving.
I did a factory reset of the audio and the problem is still there with it getting worse.
the fca customer service agent informed me that an over the air software update will fix this issue. And didn’t have a timeline for the update.
the service centre is refusing to acknowledge the issue all together when I took it there.
I reached out to jeep Canada over twitter in a dm and there is no response there.
so I guess we’re all just stuck with this situation until the magical update comes along. If that even is a solution to this issue.
I also just bought a 2022 Jeep Compass Trail Hawk, and experiencing the same issues, but fill the issues get worse the long you drive! I have to stop about every 20 miles and do a reset and turn off and on the engine! After talking to a Jeep U connect representative, they will not give me a date on getting a fix! I explained that since not having the ability to use a wireless phone hands free is illegal and a safety issue, we would have good reason to file a Lemon Lawsuit against Jeep! He quickly hung up on me!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts