My Jeep Compass Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also just bought a 2022 Jeep Compass Trail Hawk, and experiencing the same issues, but fill the issues get worse the long you drive! I have to stop about every 20 miles and do a reset and turn off and on the engine! After talking to a Jeep U connect representative, they will not give me a date on getting a fix! I explained that since not having the ability to use a wireless phone hands free is illegal and a safety issue, we would have good reason to file a Lemon Lawsuit against Jeep! He quickly hung up on me!
I dropped off mine at the dealership last night so they can take another look. They said they let the jeep run for an hour but the issue didn’t pop-up. Told me about the software update should be coming in 2 weeks!!!
After driving the car for 10 min on my way home the sound started to disappear. Called the service desk right back and they told me to send them a video proof so they can submit it to the engineering department.
The touch screen is glitchy. The display goes dim to a point where I have to turn up the brightness. I understand what auto feature is, it’s not that !!!!
I bought a brand new expensive lemon :/

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had the same issue multiple times now when driving longer distances. The audio will start to fade - eventually to nothing. I can do the reset and it helps for a few minutes but then starts again. This is a safety issue as you can't take a call or see directions. I imagine a system reset or reboot may be in order.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I also just bought a 2022 Jeep Compass Trail Hawk, and experiencing the same issues, but fill the issues get worse the long you drive! I have to stop about every 20 miles and do a reset and turn off and on the engine! After talking to a Jeep U connect representative, they will not give me a date on getting a fix! I explained that since not having the ability to use a wireless phone hands free is illegal and a safety issue, we would have good reason to file a Lemon Lawsuit against Jeep! He quickly hung up on me!
Hi Super Sooner 1974,

Were you provided with a case number from the agent you spoke with? If so, please feel welcome to send us a private message with your case number and VIN, and we can take a look into the case for you.

Steph
Jeep Cares

Reactions: Super Sooner 1974

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought a 2022 Jeep Compass Limited and I have had the same issues as everyone else here. The audio will start to fade - eventually to nothing. The automatic headlights say they aren’t working properly. The front sensors aren’t working properly. The rain sensing wipers don’t work properly. I can do the soft reset and it helps for a few minutes but then starts again. The factory reset wipes everything and is a pain in the ass to reconnect the Bluetooth. I’ve factory reset, soft reset checked for updates etc. I tried calling the dealer and the service advisor said not my problem and to call Uconnect or Chrysler. Called Uconnect and he said welp you’ve done everything I would do and the system is up to date to call the dealer…I can’t stand the back and forth. Now the dealer wants to take my Jeep for a minimum of 48 hours…to do what? Tell me there is nothing they can do?!? I assuming the outcome after reading all of your guys’ experiences. I’ve only bought from the Mopar family my entire life, Ram, Chrysler and this is my first Jeep and it is by far the worst experience.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently purchased a compass limited 2022 I been having issues with the radio since day 2. After 2-4 hours of listening to the radio it starts loosing volume. It can be in 38 the highest and it sounds like if it was in 5 or no sound at all. I already took it to the dealer and according to them they can’t find the problem. What can I do ?
I have a 2022 Jeep compass with the exact same issues I’m getting ready to call the dealership now

·
Registered
2 Posts
Update. Last weekend I started a 20 hour road trip. And sure enough the first 30 minutes volume started to fade till nothing. I was frustrated. I ended up inpairing my phone from uconnect and powered the car down for 15 minutes. After that I had no issues the rest of the trip. So I'm 90% sure it has to do with when the phone is paired. Maybe Android Auto. Idk Still needs fixed. As I'm unable to use my phone with the car. But maybe a this is a lead?
I have the same exact issue except I do have an iPhone I have found when I pull over and shut the car off run into the gas station and come back out it does reset it has something to do with the phone pairing with the car because my phone volume gets lost as well if I disconnect from the car then I can use it

·
Registered
630 Posts
Just bought a 2022 Jeep Compass Limited and I have had the same issues as everyone else here. The audio will start to fade - eventually to nothing. The automatic headlights say they aren’t working properly. The front sensors aren’t working properly. The rain sensing wipers don’t work properly. I can do the soft reset and it helps for a few minutes but then starts again. The factory reset wipes everything and is a pain in the ass to reconnect the Bluetooth. I’ve factory reset, soft reset checked for updates etc. I tried calling the dealer and the service advisor said not my problem and to call Uconnect or Chrysler. Called Uconnect and he said welp you’ve done everything I would do and the system is up to date to call the dealer…I can’t stand the back and forth. Now the dealer wants to take my Jeep for a minimum of 48 hours…to do what? Tell me there is nothing they can do?!? I assuming the outcome after reading all of your guys’ experiences. I’ve only bought from the Mopar family my entire life, Ram, Chrysler and this is my first Jeep and it is by far the worst experience.
Hi Struse911,

We're sorry you haven't received assistance on these concerns! If you decide to bring your vehicle into service and would like support during the diagnosis, feel welcome to send us a private message to discuss further.

Steph
Jeep Cares

I have a 2022 Jeep compass with the exact same issues I’m getting ready to call the dealership now
Hello leob092019,

We're happy to assist you as well! Feel welcome to send us your VIN and mileage if you plan to bring your vehicle to the dealership, and we can start a case for you.

Steph
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too am having these exact same issues with my Month old 2022 Jeep Compass limited. The dealership won't return my calls because I asked for an over the phone remedy.. They only want to talk if Im willing to leave my jeep over the weekend. This is my first Jeep experience, and I have to say Im heavily disappointed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I called the customer service again today. They aren’t really answering any questions just paraphrasing.

The customer service rep told me not all 2022 models but only some are reporting this issue. If it was a software update issue why isn’t it affecting those other cars which haven’t reported?

I called the dealership today to see how much I will lose if they bought this jeep back. All the mental stress is not worth it. Worst car, customer service and brand in my opinion.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Super Sooner 1974,

Were you provided with a case number from the agent you spoke with? If so, please feel welcome to send us a private message with your case number and VIN, and we can take a look into the case for you.

Steph
Jeep Cares
Steph, I appreciate your concern, and will try to get a case number this week! But I really believe that the issue is more than a software update, and this is why! I live in rural Woodward, Oklahoma and find myself and wife going to doctor's appointments 140 miles to Oklahoma City at least once per week, so I have a lot of experience in the 1000 miles my Jeep has driven! When you first leave in the morning, it might take 60-80 minutes of driving before the sound fades out completely, but then after pulling over to do the reset and turn off and on the Compass. I get sound back, but for only 20-25 minutes max! I can understand that customers who don't travel a some distances don't have and issue! After reading other Jeep owners comments, about this issue, it seems that using the heater in colder weather magnifies the speed that the radio fades out! When I purchased the Compass, only on my first day was I running the AC and didn't have an issue? Maybe the fix requires a complete redesign of the Radio, and its proximity to the heater might be the real issue!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Steph, I appreciate your concern, and will try to get a case number this week! But I really believe that the issue is more than a software update, and this is why! I live in rural Woodward, Oklahoma and find myself and wife going to doctor's appointments 140 miles to Oklahoma City at least once per week, so I have a lot of experience in the 1000 miles my Jeep has driven! When you first leave in the morning, it might take 60-80 minutes of driving before the sound fades out completely, but then after pulling over to do the reset and turn off and on the Compass. I get sound back, but for only 20-25 minutes max! I can understand that customers who don't travel a some distances don't have and issue! After reading other Jeep owners comments, about this issue, it seems that using the heater in colder weather magnifies the speed that the radio fades out! When I purchased the Compass, only on my first day was I running the AC and didn't have an issue? Maybe the fix requires a complete redesign of the Radio, and its proximity to the heater might be the real issue!
Steph, Here is my Vin NT163586 and my Case Number with Uconnect Customer Service is 84664630

·
Registered
630 Posts
I too am having these exact same issues with my Month old 2022 Jeep Compass limited. The dealership won't return my calls because I asked for an over the phone remedy.. They only want to talk if Im willing to leave my jeep over the weekend. This is my first Jeep experience, and I have to say Im heavily disappointed.
Hi jackflippin,

Sorry to hear your dealership isn't returning your calls. It's been shared that an update is anticipated to address the concern, however, it is not available at this time. You are welcome to visit another nearby servicing dealership before further resolution is released if you wish.

Steph
Jeep Cares

Steph, Here is my Vin NT163586 and my Case Number with Uconnect Customer Service is 84664630
Thanks for sharing, Super Sooner 1974

We certainly appreciate your perspective and would be happy to escalate your case if you decide to bring your Jeep into service for further diagnosis.

Steph
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
11 Posts
It’s been 9 days since I took the car back to the dealer and until today that I called them and told them that I was going to take legal actions , I was informed that they will do other inspections. I will see what happens. But according to the dealer they have 3 cars with the same issue.
Did Jeep ever solve this issue for you? It appears that this issue was happening in April. May and June of 2022... was quiet over the summer, and is happening to everyone again since late October and into November. No solution from Uconnect so far... only that they believe that they will be distributing a software fix by the end of the year?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Also recently purchased a 2022 Jeep Compass Trailhawk and having the same audio issues. Took it to the dealership and they reset the radio and did a proxy alignment. Said there are no error codes or updates and are unsure of what is causing the issue. They also couldn't repeat the issue as they didn't drive it for the 30 mins- an hour that it takes for the audio to start fading. Has anyone found a solution yet?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi jackflippin,

Sorry to hear your dealership isn't returning your calls. It's been shared that an update is anticipated to address the concern, however, it is not available at this time. You are welcome to visit another nearby servicing dealership before further resolution is released if you wish.

Steph
Jeep Cares

Thanks for sharing, Super Sooner 1974

We certainly appreciate your perspective and would be happy to escalate your case if you decide to bring your Jeep into service for further diagnosis.

Steph
Jeep Cares
Steph,

I just tried to make an appointment and the dealer I bought my Compass from Joe Cooper Dodge Jeep in Yukon, Oklahoma just told me that I would have to leave me without my only car for 24-48 hours to get a diagnosis! I'm also experiencing a new issue with the collision avoidance system, causing the adaptive cruise control to not work, along with my audio sound fade to nothing after only driving 20 minutes? They also told me that their loaner cars are almost impossible to get due to the high amount of vehicles in their service department! And now, since nobody really seems to have a good idea on how to fix the fading volume issue, it forced me to purchase a Bluetooth speaker system, so I can play music from my phone without it fading!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Also recently purchased a 2022 Jeep Compass Trailhawk and having the same audio issues. Took it to the dealership and they reset the radio and did a proxy alignment. Said there are no error codes or updates and are unsure of what is causing the issue. They also couldn't repeat the issue as they didn't drive it for the 30 mins- an hour that it takes for the audio to start fading. Has anyone found a solution yet?
Hi Appy,

This matter has been brought to the attention of internal teams and a resolution will be issued via software update soon.

Steph
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
630 Posts
Steph,

I just tried to make an appointment and the dealer I bought my Compass from Joe Cooper Dodge Jeep in Yukon, Oklahoma just told me that I would have to leave me without my only car for 24-48 hours to get a diagnosis! I'm also experiencing a new issue with the collision avoidance system, causing the adaptive cruise control to not work, along with my audio sound fade to nothing after only driving 20 minutes? They also told me that their loaner cars are almost impossible to get due to the high amount of vehicles in their service department! And now, since nobody really seems to have a good idea on how to fix the fading volume issue, it forced me to purchase a Bluetooth speaker system, so I can play music from my phone without it fading!
Hi Super Sooner 1974,

I'm sorry to hear this! If you decide to schedule an appointment at your selling dealer or another nearby, please send us a private message with your appointment details and we can assist with opening a case for you.

Steph
Jeep Cares

21 - 37 of 37 Posts