My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Just wondering if I can trouble you all with a couple questions about installing some aftermarket mudflaps. I just ordered some that should be here shortly and without even seeing them, I'm wondering about how the fender liners will affect the install.

I got these mudflaps for my 2012 Compass: http://www.rallyarmor.com/store/imag...al_ur_gray.jpg as I drive on gravel and snow lots and wanted something that was wider than OEM and wouldn't freeze up. I know a couple Subie frends that swear by them so thought I'd give them a shot especially with 225/55/18 geolandar's kicking up SO much :mad: the extra width is what I was looking for.

When I look at the fender liner on my Compass, there is a big vertical ridge on them maybe 3" from the edge of the car, definitely within the width of the flap quite a bit. It's not "flat" behind the wheels. Has anyone here dealt with this while installing aftermarket universal mudflaps? Thoughts on whether it would be better to trim the liner or trim the mudflap?

With regards to the install, they come with no hardware or instructions. After mocking them up with cardboard and playing with the fit etc I'm thinking to use the 2 (front) and maybe 3 (in the back depending on how high I mount) stock screws in place now as the instructions for the OEM flaps call for. For additional attachment points, I was planning on drilling a couple more holes into the fender liner (after sorting the vertical ridge issue out) and securing the mudflaps with stainless rivet nuts. I figure that 4 or maybe 5 connections should hold them in place well. Any thoughts on this?

Pics of the new mods when I'm done - and I owe one already from when I joined!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey everyone,

Just wondering if I can trouble you all with a couple questions about installing some aftermarket mudflaps. I just ordered some that should be here shortly and without even seeing them, I'm wondering about how the fender liners will affect the install.

I got these mudflaps for my 2012 Compass: http://www.rallyarmor.com/store/imag...al_ur_gray.jpg as I drive on gravel and snow lots and wanted something that was wider than OEM and wouldn't freeze up. I know a couple Subie frends that swear by them so thought I'd give them a shot especially with 225/55/18 geolandar's kicking up SO much :mad: the extra width is what I was looking for.

When I look at the fender liner on my Compass, there is a big vertical ridge on them maybe 3" from the edge of the car, definitely within the width of the flap quite a bit. It's not "flat" behind the wheels. Has anyone here dealt with this while installing aftermarket universal mudflaps? Thoughts on whether it would be better to trim the liner or trim the mudflap?

With regards to the install, they come with no hardware or instructions. After mocking them up with cardboard and playing with the fit etc I'm thinking to use the 2 (front) and maybe 3 (in the back depending on how high I mount) stock screws in place now as the instructions for the OEM flaps call for. For additional attachment points, I was planning on drilling a couple more holes into the fender liner (after sorting the vertical ridge issue out) and securing the mudflaps with stainless rivet nuts. I figure that 4 or maybe 5 connections should hold them in place well. Any thoughts on this?

Pics of the new mods when I'm done - and I owe one already from when I joined!
I just drilled through the fender liner and lined the rest up it all fits and will look fine! Just make sure you get the poly urethane ones. I do wish i made the stick out a little more though

·
Registered
11 Posts
i used the stock screws and added 1 threw the fender liner on the inside. the ridge in the front wheel well, i cut a notch out of the flaps to go around it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts