My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im driving my New Compass Limited the other night, about 64 degrees out, and randomly my A/C would cycle. It wouldn't cycle for long but just long enough to notice the air coming out of the vents considerably cooler than the 73 degree setpoint. The climate control was not on AUTO, set at 73 degrees both passenger and driver, and the a/c button was off. Just a quirky little thing i found, wondering if anyone else's 2nd gen compass does the same or if the A/C stays off when it's supposed to. I guess I'll go to the dealership to see if they can find anything, and of course, give an update on whats going on.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I haven't had that issue in the Trailhawk...although, I was caught off guard when the AC stopped due to the engine auto-stop...I guess it makes sense, after reading up on it now. I'm just running around town with MAX A/C to avoid that situation, now.

Good luck with the Dealership - sounds like something might be shorting somewhere, so hopefully they can track it down and correct it.

·
Registered
272 Posts
That's really weird. The only problem with taking it to the dealer is they'll probably give you the answer of "we can't replicate it"

Hopefully it was just a weird hiccup and nothing gone wrong. But like mentioned, a short is a possibility but I would question why it only lasted for so long and hasn't happened before.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts