My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My alarm will go off randomly. This has happened about 5 times. Twice it was when I was getting out of the car, twice it was parked in my garage, and once in the parking lot at work. I have replaced the battery in the fob, tried using the 2nd fob, replaced the battery in that one as well. This has happened over the last 3 months, so it is completely random. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
436 Posts
My alarm will go off randomly. This has happened about 5 times. Twice it was when I was getting out of the car, twice it was parked in my garage, and once in the parking lot at work. I have replaced the battery in the fob, tried using the 2nd fob, replaced the battery in that one as well. This has happened over the last 3 months, so it is completely random. Any thoughts?
Hello MiJeepGuy,

If you decide to have your vehicle diagnosed and you feel that additional assistance is needed, please feel free to send us a direct message. We'd be glad to help.

Lamar
JeepCares

·
Registered
927 Posts
Alarms going off un-wanted happened to me non-stop until I finally got an OBD-link MX and the AlfaOBD app and disabled my alarm system for good. I also disabled ESS, seatbelt warning, etc. A few small tweaks has made life with this vehicle much nicer all around. Kinda spendy but worth it to me over the course of the 100,000 miles or more that I will probably have to put up with this car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is a bit more than what I was looking to do, though that would certainly take care of the issue. I am still under warranty, so maybe I will give the dealer a shot at it. I have not had positive experiences with them so far.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts