My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well some ******* left his cart beside my car today i have a nice little ding by my gas cap and a 4 inch path of scratches on my drivers side rear door and some scratches on my drivers door. people have no god dam respect for other peoples ****! rant over!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
well some ******* left his cart beside my car today i have a nice little ding by my gas cap and a 4 inch path of scratches on my drivers side rear door and some scratches on my drivers door. people have no god dam respect for other peoples ****! rant over!
I feel for you. Once you have a new or pretty new car. You're a magnet for door banging inconsiderate a holes. My son says and we do when possible. Park beside a more expensive new car and/or a farther area of the lot when activity is less. Does not always work though.

A few times with a dozen or more spaces around someone else comes and parks right beside and close when there a dozens of space to pick from. Just can't win.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Ouch! Not good, I feel your pain.

It seems like whenever I park really far away in parking lots and just walk, there will always be one car that parked right beside me when I come back.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
guys worse yet i was walking up to my car this morning from the passengers side and i saw a huge ding in the rear quarter on the passengers side. looks like i got dinged on the other side in the same lot! even worse im a car detailer and im very anal about the exterior appearance of my car as its always waxed and shiny. im very pissed! good thing i have connections with a local body shop!

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow that second dent sucks. I'd be very pissed. Never go to that lot again!
basically note to self next time im in brampton double park!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Some turkeys have not consideration when opening their doors. The just swing them wide and hard. That was some wallop for that one Zac.

PS: Bad time of year for Turkey's!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Holy crap, the first one would have angered me, but that second dent, that's really painful! :( I know I always make a habit of parking as far out in the lot as possible and, once in an while, I will come out to someone else's piece of junk on four wheels parked not only next to me but so close I almost need a can opener to get in my truck! Besides the fact others just have no respect, they just miss the concept entirely that some of us park out there for a reason, but glad you have "connections" and can get it fixed!

- Cherokee

·
Registered
11 Posts
Had a similar shopping cart encounter a couple of years ago. As I see the problem, those cute little metallic protection strips on the 2007 are there for decoration only, as they protect nothing.
Eventually had the ding repaired when it started showing rust. $380US, but guaranteed for life and they fixed a couple of scratches I hadn't noticed before.
----
2007 Ltd 4x4 CVT
currently 23,500 mi. total
all's well except for the water leak from the domelight cover (Patriots do that, too, I see).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts