My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I have a 2017 Trailhawk with the Beats sound system, which is...adequate for a stock speaker system. However, the door trim and even the windows cannot handle any bass at any decent level without rattling and it is driving me crazy. I'm not even talking super-loud, it begins at 10-12 on the volume level.

The Dealer recently "reclipped" the panels, but that did nothing at all. Have any other pseudo-audiophiles had this issue and found a way to at least dampen the rattling?

it's annoying that Jeep put effort into a Beats sound system, only to have the vehicle not be able to handle it.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ya,
Ive noticed this with my non-beats system. The front door panels are the issues for me. Lots of ratteling on only moderate volume. I have a feeling if i take the panels off to try and seal things up, it will only get worse...
Disapointing since the sound system is actually decent besides this issue.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Same-same. Beats. With base on a low setting, which I prefer, if I turn up Octane or other rock music I'll get loaded with rattles. Even with Fox News on, if I am outside but want to hear it, I get rattles.

We have to keep something in mind. Price point aside (a tad high for this vehicle), we did buy an economy car. Renegade and Compass are low end, economy Jeeps. Cherokee gets a tad better. Grand Cherokee is the sexy beast, and Wrangler...well you pay for leaks, squeaks and such to be able to do stuff none of the other trips can do.

The sound system is not bad...over priced, but not bad for factory. Problem is nothing around the system was upgraded to support it. Its like taking a Civic LX and filling it with RF and Pioneer stuff. **** is going to rattle.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You guys may want to consider looking into sound deadening your vehicle, which basically involves putting sound dampening material in your door panels. Not really all that difficult to do, and sometimes you can get by with just putting it around the speaker inlets themselves. The kits can get pretty pricey, depending on how much of the vehicle you plan on doing. A well known brand is Scosche Accumat but I'm sure there are others.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I don't drive mine much as I bought it for my kid, (18 trailhawk - no beats audio) but I just took it for a spin and I don't hear any rattles unless I crank the volume up to painful levels..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts