My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 2012 4x has 150,000 miles and recently upon acceleration the rear tires seem to lag. Not from a stop but while on the road. Anyone else had this? Suggestion on what it might be? I’m new here. Thank you.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Our 2012 4x has 150,000 miles and recently upon acceleration the rear tires seem to lag. Not from a stop but while on the road. Anyone else had this? Suggestion on what it might be? I’m new here. Thank you.
First thoughts...brake calipers hanging up, parking brake not releasing completely (rusty cable). do the brakes/rotors get extremely hot?

·
Registered
324 Posts
I don’t know about the heat. How would I check that? The brakes are a year old and the rotors were machined last Mat, for what it’s worth. Thank you.
I am not familiar with the 1st gen Compass but guessing disc brakes in the rear with shoes in drum for parking brake like my PT Cruisers. As for heat, drive a few miles and put your hand near the hub or caliper. If you feel a lot of heat radiating from them, dragging could be the problem. Also, compare heat front and back...front does more work than the back so should feel a little warmer and that's normal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.