My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, bought a used Jeep Compass 07 was lady driven and brought to dealership for everything, we have had it for a few days finally made a trip with it on the highway and found it very unstable feeling when at speed 110km/h or around 50mph any twitch on the steering wheel would send the back end veering almost like it was very light and not stable on the ground, on further inspection; compared to other vehicles our rear camber was extreme as in the bottom of the tire very far out and not straight up and down, we suspect this(as the problem) as struts and springs feel fine when going over bumps in town at lower speeds, it only worries us when at high speeds an then you can really feel it, it doesn't like to stay in a straight line. Thanks in advance for any thoughts. - Bkjeep

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'd take it in for a complete 4 wheel alignment, and have them inspect everything while working on it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But according to other users the back wheel camber can't be adjusted unless you buy an aftermarket kit

·
Registered
1,897 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Good call on the subframe...I forgot about that being an issue on the early models.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Yeah it should never pass. Take it back to the seller or inspection mechanic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts