My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 Compass Sport

Picked up the new Compass last week, and am fairly pleased with it thus far. I do, however, have one complaint that drives me nuts...there's only two holes for the rear license plate, and it rattles terribly when I shut the gate.

Is there a year or package that came with a better mounting than the two holes? If not, has anyone found an aftermarket solution that works well? I'm close to purchasing a piece of rubber with adhesive back to cut the clanging down, but would rather have a better solution.

Thanks!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope...nothing there. I've ordered some self adhesive rubber feet to stick behind the bottom of the plate for now. When I hit the junkyard for winter use rims this weekend, I'll see if I can scrounge something up there that I might be able to use. I'd be happy with a front mounting bracket from any model vehicle, so long as it has a flat back, looks decent, and works...even if it's a front bracket. I'm not adverse to adding holes to make it work right.

It's one of those cheaper vehicle things that gets overlooked to appease the bean counters. A $30 part would have made a big difference here...

·
Registered
88 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
I drilled holes and made a mount for the lower part of the plates. Problem solved as I have a subwoofer and before the mod, the plate rattled like a giant snake. Easy problem to fix with many different solutions.

2007 Jeep compass
271000 miles
love it

find my postings. there are many tips.
i will add more for you guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts