My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I have a loud noise coming from the right rear of the car. I though it was the bearing so i change the hub bearing but i still have noise, i though it might be the tire so i put the right wheel left and the left right but still have the noise so i'm wondering if it could be the bearing inside the rear differential? if somebody have the repair manual about that rear train i would like to have it because it will be easier for me to understand how it's made inside. I you have suggestions about that noise...thank you.oh i forgot it's a 4x4 sport.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Looks like you've eliminated the couple things I would have thought of first, bearing or tire that may be out of balance. When you bought it, were there any service records that came with? If the rear end hasn't been serviced, now might be a good time to have that done where you can see the condition of the fluid. If it's still in good shape, it may just be low but if there's any metal shavings there, that's cause for concern.

- Cherokee

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I 've checked the fluid (level and quantity) and it's ok, so it might be the inside bearing.I'm looking for the section of the repair manual about that part of the car, if somebody can send it to me....thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts