My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a recent visit to my dealership I was inquiring about the rear seat lights now over the back doors in the '08 models.
In the show room there was a 2007, with no sunroof, it had a dome light between, just behind the front seats apparently providing light to front and rear seat occupants.
My Limited has a sunroof and only lights for the front seats in front of the sunroof, but I understand from Webmaster that his vehicle has neither sunroof, nor any lighting behind the front seats. Apparently not all 2007's are equipped the same. Must have been some variations between different production runs over the year.
Would love to hear from a few other owners as to what lighting configurations their model came equipped with, if they knew when approximately their car was produced.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I have no sunroof, I have two stock lights. One at the front of the headliner and one at the rear for the cargo area. I installed a DVD player but never hooked up the lights. They're my only hope of getting light into the back seat. It's dark back there!

As you can see, the light for the passengers is waaaaaaay up at the front. It works fine at lighting up the front row, but that's it.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I stopped by the dealership today and looked at a few 08's on the lot. It doesn't matter whether you have a sunroof or not, there is now a second light for the rear seat passengers. It's right where I have my DVD player.

I wonder how much it would cost to buy that light? It wouldn't be too hard to install since you can just tap into the front lights. Dropping the headliner would be the hardest part.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Webmaster said:
I wonder how much it would cost to buy that light? It wouldn't be too hard to install since you can just tap into the front lights. Dropping the headliner would be the hardest part.
Well you've been there and done that, too bad such an obvious oversight in vehicle design would not be corrected as a retro-fit or something.
How could they have forgotten the rear seat lighting?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts