My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys quick question, ive been searching around for a bit with no luck in other forums and online, but I cant seem to find the proper size threaded bolt or so for the rear towhook spot. Does anyone know what I should be looking for or any links with suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
927 Posts
The factory tow bolt is in the spare tire area, right? Just take it into any average auto parts store they probably have the gauges to measure, if not try a major hardware store and go to the nuts and bolts isle and try on different hex nuts till you find one that fits.

Then come back here and tell us what it is so I don't have to do the same footwork :p

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I havent seen anything like that in the back, unless what your talking about is the bolt sticking out of the floor when I lift up the rear cargo area where the spare tire would be? Ive tried looking around for the sizes that they use on the newer cherokee's and renegades but im not 100% they would be the same fit..
Btw im not sure if we are confused here, but im talking about the spot you can put like an eye bolt on the back outside of the jeep, where they have the little removable square a few inches above where the exhaust shoots out at the bottom.

Im gonna keep looking around but I just wanted to clear that up!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was looking at that today, just saw that you asked the same question.
I couldn’t find one or even mention of one in the owners manual.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Here is the Mopar part # if that would help you. 6510637AA

1 - 5 of 5 Posts