My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey friends. Ran into a new issue besides stalling and burning oil.

My rear view camera occasionally just doesn’t work. Went to the dealership, showed supervisor, was told to make an appointment for a week later, yet now it’s working so they say they won’t do anything. And they tell me I will always have to make an appointment, and they wouldn’t be able to see it day of me showing it isn’t working. And this is the second time I made an appointment when it was not working, then it was working the day of the appointment.
Has anyone else had the rear view camera issue?

·
Registered
83 Posts

My rear view camera occasionally just doesn’t work. Went to the dealership, showed supervisor, was told to make an appointment for a week later, yet now it’s working so they say they won’t do anything. And they tell me I will always have to make an appointment, and they wouldn’t be able to see it day of me showing it isn’t working. And this is the second time I made an appointment when it was not working, then it was working the day of the appointment.

No,

·
Registered
48 Posts

Sorry to hear you are having issues, Julsch. From your instagram, looks like you've been doing a lot of off-roading. I would suggest poking around near the connectors and see if maybe a contact has corroded. I believe there may be a wiring 'junction box' under the trunk near the bumper for distributing circuits to the rear lights. Wiring issues can be expensive because they take a lot of time to identify the issue. Good luck!

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Compass Trailhawk
333 Posts
I have had that issue on another vehicle. When you start it let everything boot up. Then put it in reverse. If I fire it up and throw into reverse mine does not like to work. Worth a try.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After hours of arguing with the dealership they contacted FCA directly. Their tech team stated they are aware cameras are malfunctioning and it is a software error that will have an update by the end of the month.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same back up camera issue on a 2018 compass trailhawk. The blank back up screen first appeared at about 35000km and the vehicle now has 55000km. 4 trips to dealer so far. Replaced rear camera, rear wiring harness, software update and the problem still occurs. It is the only problem I have had so am very pleased with the vehicle. I would like to have a reliable back up camera.

·
Registered
7 Posts
After hours of arguing with the dealership they contacted FCA directly. Their tech team stated they are aware cameras are malfunctioning and it is a software error that will have an update by the end of the month.
This camera issue has been happening to me a lot lately. Did you ever hear anything back from the dealer regarding that update?

·
Registered
82 Posts
same here, very frustrated :mad: hoping someone has an answer. we've had intermittent screen/connection issues since new (like most everyone), but never a completely blank screen from the back up camera. when the start/stop battery was replaced May 2021, I mentioned the Uconnect issues, so they did an update which imo has made the frequency of issues happening worse and now this. Of course now we are just outside the 3year warranty. I'm hoping when I replace the main battery it may resolve some of this.
I have had that issue on another vehicle. When you start it let everything boot up. Then put it in reverse. If I fire it up and throw into reverse mine does not like to work. Worth a try.
Thanks, will let the wife know, she has it in reverse before the instrument cluster comes up lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts