My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
First post to your Forum, Happy Holidays! My rear wiper started only going a quarter of the way and stopping when you turn it on. Sometimes if you leave it on it will move slightly every few minutes and stop. If I use the washer fluid it does it's thing like normal-any ideas? :confused:
Thanks

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
welcome to the forum.........and I have no idea on what to tell you regarding your issue with your rear wiper.......did you contact your dealer?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's going in next week to have the CVT checked, I added that to the list. I will reply to the thread with the solution hopefully!

·
Registered
381 Posts
It sounds almost like a capacitor issue except that it should do it all the time instead of working normally with fluid. Maybe the motor is weak?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We'll see, I pushed off going to the dealer until after this weekend. The Compass handles awesome in the snow btw, I was really impressed!

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
I'm afraid I'm not much help on this one, either, but let us know what the dealer says. BTW, like your signature.....:)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
36 Posts
The dealer is most likely going to want to replace the whole assembly. I agree with smokey1 on the capacitor issue, however, i doubt they are going to break it open with a volt meter and start testing capacitors. It may also be a short somewhere between the switch and the motor. If you were working on it yourself, I would first suggest unhooking the motor assembly and testing the power with a volt meter from the switch.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally made it to the dealership-they replaced the motor and it works perfectly :) No charge and they went through and fixed a few other things too. Very fast, I'm impressed. Prob had something to do with me walking in yellin "earn mah bizness, EARN IT!" LOL.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
LOL, that's pretty good, light a fire under 'em I say! Glad you got it fixed! :)

- Cherokee

1 - 12 of 12 Posts