My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Excerpt:

The Environmental Protection Agency has announced that Fiat Chrysler will recall 862,520 vehicles for failing to meet U.S. emissions standards, Reuters reported early Wednesday. Surprisingly, the cars involved allegedly weren’t diesels, but actually gasoline vehicles like the Dodge Caliber and Jeep Compass.

The recall will cover only the saddest Chrysler models built this millennium, including, according to Reuters: the Dodge Journey (2011 to 2016), Chrysler 200 (2011-2014), Dodge Avenger (2011-2014), Dodge Caliber (2011-2012), Jeep Compass (2011-2016), and Jeep Patriot (2011-2016).

·
1,034 Posts
Saddest? I've had two Patriots. Both are fabulous vehicles. One racked up almost 300,000 before I sold it, the other is still going strong at 110,000 miles (no repairs except a brake job in October and a wiper blade -- that's just routine M&R).

I'm impressed that FCA discovered the problem themselves and owned up to it. Quite unlike Volkswagen who fully intended to cheat the testing apparatus. I applaud FCA's honesty. :angel: I feel good about buying from an honest company.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Saddest? I've had two Patriots. Both are fabulous vehicles. One racked up almost 300,000 before I sold it, the other is still going strong at 110,000 miles (no repairs except a brake job in October and a wiper blade -- that's just routine M&R).

I'm impressed that FCA discovered the problem themselves and owned up to it. Quite unlike Volkswagen who fully intended to cheat the testing apparatus. I applaud FCA's honesty. :angel: I feel good about buying from an honest company.
Probably the massive fine VW got "motivated" others to not cheat or try to hide.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts