My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Reflash pcm performance

I just ordered a 2011 jeep compass pcm for sent to b&g chrysler performance for reflash 91 octane tune. I will keep you inform when I will have the new tune in my jeep. Next week I will try to dyno my stock jeep compass to compare how much gain I will have with the new tune.:canada:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoore
So with the new tune you do see greater power? Awesome!!! When is he putting the tune out for everyone?
Since mine has already been tuned, the hard part is over. This means B&G Performance already has a copy of what was flashed to memory and should now be able to tune other Patriots. Much of the added power came through advancing the timing and fuel curve which should be applicable to any of you with a 2.4L engine.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Get your tune! Call B&G Performance @ (586) 758-2003 ext. 201 today!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's a hell of a lot faster than before, better throttle response too. 'Most' of the extra power begins around 3400 RPM, but feels improved as early as 2000 RPM.

For comparison sake, it feels reminiscent of my '01 Prelude which had around 200 HP, minus the VTEC punch at 5000 RPM of course.

{Feed back from cvt 2010 jeep patriot 2.4 87 octane tune.}

·
Registered
278 Posts
LOL real tune you lucky son of a gun you! let me know how your gas mileage is after at least 2 fill ups! did you buy another pcm or you sent yours in?

·
Registered
278 Posts
no money no candy... Lol
LOL so true. I await your results! IF i do this too, i think i'll just send in my PCM and not buy another one. I have my truck and i can drive that while the PCM is being flashed. How much was the tune?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL so true. I await your results! IF i do this too, i think i'll just send in my PCM and not buy another one. I have my truck and i can drive that while the PCM is being flashed. How much was the tune?

No idea! Lol I fogot to ask!

·
Registered
278 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Nice Try Realtune!!!!!!

Please post results as soon you have the compass back with you with all the improvements!!!!!!

Cheers,

Willy

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
3 weeks for the shipping the new pcm from Chrysler, after that's Dave got to work on 91 octane tune but for those with 2010 and older model everything is ready for re-flash.

I think the price is around 350 usd but I'm not sure....

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hey Realtune,
Any updates?:D:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Now that sounds like the way to go for tuning! I was just under the impression that 2011+ weren't able to be tuned that way given the encryption they put on the PCM. Really going to be interested in your results because you're definitely on to something! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
any update on this?
Pcm still back order anyway I will go in ohio in july for csrt4 meet and the tuner will be there for tune many car including my jeep. I prefer to keep my stock pcm but no pcm available at my dealership.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pcm still back order anyway I will go in ohio in july for csrt4 meet and the tuner will be there for tune many car including my jeep. I prefer to keep my stock pcm but no pcm available at my dealership.
any updates on your tune? I'm picking up a '14 in a couple of weeks and will want to tune asap.

thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts