My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello I been searching on the forum and I haven't seen this topic, we just purchase this compass 2018 and I'm interest it on adding the remote start
has anyone done it here is a link for it and I think is a plug and play plz give me your comments thanks a lot

is a mopar part number I could put link..newbie ..here is the part number 82214660AC or 82214660AB

·
Registered
398 Posts
hello I been searching on the forum and I haven't seen this topic, we just purchase this compass 2018 and I'm interest it on adding the remote start
has anyone done it here is a link for it and I think is a plug and play plz give me your comments thanks a lot

is a mopar part number I could put link..newbie ..here is the part number 82214660AC or 82214660AB
I think the best option would be talking to your dealer. Even if you get the parts and manage to install it, I think the option would still need to be software activated.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea I'm going back to the dealer tomorrow and ill ask for installation details.. they didn't give me my second key or manual Sunday,, thanks

·
Registered
862 Posts
I didn't know any of them came without remote start... what country are you in? The remote start button is on our fobs so I would assume you'd need new keyfobs programmed and everything. Extremely doubtful it can be done without help from the dealership.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't know any of them came without remote start... what country are you in? The remote start button is on our fobs so I would assume you'd need new keyfobs programmed and everything. Extremely doubtful it can be done without help from the dealership.
I'm in the states in California and I just call the dealer and they want 420 for install and 300 for the kit … ouch … that's why I was asking if anyone else had done it yet...

thanks

my key fob only has the lock/ unlock and panic

·
Registered
245 Posts
It might be an "Emissions" issue in California, having a Remote Start???
I thought they were standard. I have the remote start feature on my Trailhawk key fob

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It might be an "Emissions" issue in California, having a Remote Start???
I thought they were standard. I have the remote start feature on my Trailhawk key fob

they do haven but this model that we got didn't came with it, I was just thinking that I can try to add it since they sell the kit...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought remote start was only on the "cold weather package". These things are a pain in the rear to modify the electrical or electronics! This why we recommend people to pay the extra out the gate and not plan on buying a stripped down one and try to add to it later.
yeap thanks anyway , kind of late now jajajja…

1 - 11 of 11 Posts