My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell me how to remove the middle console (where the gear stick is at)?
I want to install interior led lights en want to connect them to the 12v input underneath the console zo no wiring is visible.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a possibility.

Can you tell/show me how you did it?

Would appreciate it a lot.

Thanks!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I got a single 20 inch LED strip and cut it in half to use on each side, then connected them together. Then I took the wiring from the strip on the left and connected the ground wire to the frame of the car near the hood release. I ran the red wire through the door opening all the way to the fuse box to the cigar lighter fuse. This way, every time the ignition is on, these lights turn on. I did purchase a remote so I can dim them and turn them off, but I haven't installed it yet. Here are the two items I used:

LED Strip
Solderless Connector

Here's some pictures to help you figure out which fuse to connect it to:

Fuses Album

It's very easy, what year compass do you have?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 2018. I fixed it already thanks for your instructions. I first made a junction box that I connected to the lighter fuse and connected the leds to an output from the junction box underneath the glove compartment. So when I want to install more electrical things I can connect them easily to the junction box. It has six outputs.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have a 2018. I fixed it already thanks for your instructions. I first made a junction box that I connected to the lighter fuse and connected the leds to an output from the junction box underneath the glove compartment. So when I want to install more electrical things I can connect them easily to the junction box. It has six outputs.
Photos?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts