My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Just wondering if anyone has any advice or pictures regarding removal of the stock HU. Getting ready to install my 3Sixty.3, amps, speakers, etc., and I'd like to be prepared going in. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hey all. Just wondering if anyone has any advice or pictures regarding removal of the stock HU. Getting ready to install my 3Sixty.3, amps, speakers, etc., and I'd like to be prepared going in. Thanks in advance!
Are you planning on getting rid of the 8.4?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Make sure that if your Infotainment Center controls any settings you have a way to handle that - newer Jeeps have their hardware configuration controlled by the Head Unit also.

My 2018 Cherokee has an 8.4 Ucon system and everything from door lock settings to Air Con can be setup and controlled by the UCON system - our 2017 Compass did not appear to have much controlled by it so we replaced it =) Just depends.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Make sure that if your Infotainment Center controls any settings you have a way to handle that - newer Jeeps have their hardware configuration controlled by the Head Unit also.

My 2018 Cherokee has an 8.4 Ucon system and everything from door lock settings to Air Con can be setup and controlled by the UCON system - our 2017 Compass did not appear to have much controlled by it so we replaced it =) Just depends.
I'm not planning to replace the head unit. I have the 8.4 Uconnect system and it controls everything. I'm adding a 3Sixty.3 DSP so that I can correct the stock EQ, adjust time-alignment to account for the driver's non-equidistant position in relation to the speaker locations, set my crossover points, slopes, etc., and then send a clean signal to my amps before they get to my speakers. I'll need to tap into the speaker-level outputs at the read of the stock HU to get the signal to my 3Sixty.3.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts