My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I have a 2017 Compass Limited. The stock bumper has a horrible approach angle, especially due to the low wind deflector.
Does anyone know if I can replace it straight up with the trailhawk front bumper ? The dealer near me has no idea yet as trailhawks aren't very common here. I'd need to know how would the front 2 tow hooks connect.

Has anyone here done this before ?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
2017 was a changeover year, is yours a 2nd gen? Others have looked into this on the 2nd gen cars before and found there are many parts to swap as the entire front fascia is different on a trailhawk. The short answer is always going to be "No", there is not 1-3 easy quick parts to change, its a whole different front clip, study some pictures and you will see, look up parts diagrams on parts websites and you'll see all the different stuff involved.

Many people come here and ask the same question (try the search first next time), most give up on the idea after they see how many parts and work is involved. I don't think we've seen anybody do that swap yet (that I can remember), just tons of people asking over and over again if its easy (its not).

Your best bet is to trim/remove the lower wind deflector to gain a bit more clearance, maybe do a 1.5-2 inch spacer lift, and that's about as good as its going to get for you. If you need more approach angle than that you simply bought the wrong trim/car.

·
Registered
62 Posts
My neighbor has a black ‘17 2nd Gen limited on 19’s m/t tires two inch lift. Looks freaking awesome!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey,

I have a 2017 Compass Limited. The stock bumper has a horrible approach angle, especially due to the low wind deflector.
Does anyone know if I can replace it straight up with the trailhawk front bumper ? The dealer near me has no idea yet as trailhawks aren't very common here. I'd need to know how would the front 2 tow hooks connect.

Has anyone here done this before ?
i had a similar thought too....have you tried asking your local showroom if they able to do some modifications and do it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts