My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just replaced headlights and DRL's the other day, and subsequent to my original post, I did notice on a totally dark night that the DRL's did in fact stay on faintly dim afterwards. (DRLs: Auxlight 2504 PSX24W 12275 LED Fog Light Bulbs 6000K, purchased on-sale on Amazon.)

Any advice as to whether replace the above LED's with a specific brand known to avoid the issue, or purchase instead purchase a particular plug-in resistor kit Both possible solutions are around $ 20/pair on Amazon, so cost not a factor.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Same problem I had, I just added the resistors and problem solved.

·
Registered
23 Posts
This is known as the "LED glow" and is a common issue reported with LED fog light and DRL replacements, but they will fully turn off after a few seconds. You can add load resistors to properly fix the problem. Honestly, this is such a minor issue, I have left mine alone. Adding load resistors is an additional cost and an extra point of failure. Plus I do not want to be splicing into the OEM wiring harness, so adding a load resistor with the right connectors just makes it more of a pain. My two cents anyways.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I didn't go with the resistors either. Some times I get the hyper flash and bulb out message on the front turn signals. This only happens if the signal has been on for awhile, like waiting for a turn arrow. I know what and why so don't worry about it. Also, even though the sound and dash indicator goes into hyper flash, all the exterior lights flash at their normal rate. I added amber lights under the outside mirrors, connected to the turn signals and did not want to splice into the OEM wiring so I bought plugs and sockets with pigtails to match the bulbs I changed to LEDs and used these jumper harnesses to splice in my mirror mounted LEDs. I can return every thing back to OEM and no one would know the difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts