My Jeep Compass Forum banner

REPLACED DRL'S WITH LED's. STAY ON FAINTLY DIM - DIFFERENT LED's OR RESISTORS?

8K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  2018Compass 
#1 ·
Just replaced headlights and DRL's the other day, and subsequent to my original post, I did notice on a totally dark night that the DRL's did in fact stay on faintly dim afterwards. (DRLs: Auxlight 2504 PSX24W 12275 LED Fog Light Bulbs 6000K, purchased on-sale on Amazon.)

Any advice as to whether replace the above LED's with a specific brand known to avoid the issue, or purchase instead purchase a particular plug-in resistor kit Both possible solutions are around $ 20/pair on Amazon, so cost not a factor.

#3 ·
This is known as the "LED glow" and is a common issue reported with LED fog light and DRL replacements, but they will fully turn off after a few seconds. You can add load resistors to properly fix the problem. Honestly, this is such a minor issue, I have left mine alone. Adding load resistors is an additional cost and an extra point of failure. Plus I do not want to be splicing into the OEM wiring harness, so adding a load resistor with the right connectors just makes it more of a pain. My two cents anyways.

#5 ·
I didn't go with the resistors either. Some times I get the hyper flash and bulb out message on the front turn signals. This only happens if the signal has been on for awhile, like waiting for a turn arrow. I know what and why so don't worry about it. Also, even though the sound and dash indicator goes into hyper flash, all the exterior lights flash at their normal rate. I added amber lights under the outside mirrors, connected to the turn signals and did not want to splice into the OEM wiring so I bought plugs and sockets with pigtails to match the bulbs I changed to LEDs and used these jumper harnesses to splice in my mirror mounted LEDs. I can return every thing back to OEM and no one would know the difference.

#7 ·
I saw this post and wanted to see if I could help, I hope. Im aiming to trade my 2010 lancer in for a compass within a few weeks. My lancer had the same issues with the led bulbs I bought for the fog lights. I didnt want to be adding extra parts to fix the slow dimming, so I did casual research over the course of a few months. I found this company that apparently makes led bulbs so well they do not flicker or slow dim, even without extra parts. They don't claim to work in every car, but the results are so good on most cars, I had to try. So I bought a set of fogs and side markers. They work flawlessly. They are expensive but to me worth it. So far its been 4 years, and haven't had one die. Here's a link.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.