My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fist off I don't know anything about sound systems so please help. I have a 07 with the BA sound system. The sub is blown and wondering if I could just buy a cheap sub to replace it with? I also noticed that there is four wires for the sub and as far as I know dont subs have only two connections? So does tha tmean I cant replace it with an aftermarket one?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Fist off I don't know anything about sound systems so please help. I have a 07 with the BA sound system. The sub is blown and wondering if I could just buy a cheap sub to replace it with? I also noticed that there is four wires for the sub and as far as I know dont subs have only two connections? So does tha tmean I cant replace it with an aftermarket one?
you cant buy the OEM sub by itself unfortunately :( but people have replaced it with a 10" Kicker requires cutting. but you probably wont have enough power in your factory amp. Unless youre wanting to replace wiring and adding a new amp just get the OEM replacement.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have looked on ebay and have found 8" subs dual voice coil with 4 inputs that are only 100watts (saw somewhere that the amp is 90 watts). I'm not into stereo systems or wanting to upgrade the whole thing.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have looked on ebay and have found 8" subs dual voice coil with 4 inputs that are only 100watts (saw somewhere that the amp is 90 watts). I'm not into stereo systems or wanting to upgrade the whole thing.
id just the OEM one save youreself the hassle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts