My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 Jeep Compass Latitude
40,000 miles

Safelite recently replaced the windshield due to a crack that developed after a small rock struck the glass. Three days later, the replacement windshield cracks, from bottom right heading towards center.

Four days later, yep - you guessed it. The 2nd replacement windshield cracks, from bottom center towards driver's side.
No impact. No wide swing in temps - SW Florida. No defroster used. No jokes either.

Before I call Safelite to replace the windshield under their Lifetime Guarantee - I thought I would explore all media sources for the answer.

Have any thoughts or questions or answers ?

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
26 Posts
The only time I know of a windshield cracking without being hit with something is by body twist ??. But that would seem rare with a small vehicle like a compass. ( just my two cents).

·
Registered
57 Posts
improper install. Have them use a different gasket sealer on the glass. Like stated above if no impact damage then frame (body) twist will cause a windshield to crack. So rare when glass is installed correctly that as an advisor for dealer service dept I only seen it 1x in 24 years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts