My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow..

I had a 2014 Ram 2500 6.7L Diesel truck for this car. I paid $40K for it.

Wanted to cut my budget in half and drive a cheaper car for about 2 years.

I traded it in for the Compass and had 30K miles on it. They gave me $40K for it..

I got my car for $19K and looked up the trade in value - with 2,000 miles - worth $14K!??!?!??!

Yikes..

·
Registered
156 Posts
I guess these aren't viewed highly on the market and I can see how competition is making it harder since the market is flooded right now with Compass alternatives. Actually i'm surprised we don't see more talk about why the _________ over a compass

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wow..

I traded it in for the Compass and had 30K miles on it. They gave me $40K for it..

I got my car for $19K and looked up the trade in value - with 2,000 miles - worth $14K!??!?!??!

Yikes..
I think your compass might be getting hit harder because it is the quote on quote "old gen" compass and was sold next to the "new gen". May be totally wrong, but it would explain such a steep drop right off the bat.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wow..

Yikes..
Wow! they gave you 40k for a truck you paid 40k for? where is this dealer? i need to make some trades!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow! they gave you 40k for a truck you paid 40k for? where is this dealer? i need to make some trades!
Dodge Ram and Ram Trucks have a HIGH resale value.

I know people who had a 2008 truck with 140K miles on it that got pretty much what they paid for it!!

I know some that have a quarter of a mile miles on a 2011 that got upwards of $32K!

It's crazy!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Dodge Ram and Ram Trucks have a HIGH resale value.

I know people who had a 2008 truck with 140K miles on it that got pretty much what they paid for it!!

I know some that have a quarter of a mile miles on a 2011 that got upwards of $32K!

It's crazy!!
Some people i know also try to exploit certain markets where they sell higher, classic trick with selling cars. Some even flip these, buy where cheap and sell where there's a lot of demand. Often the older owners of wives of them want it gone more than they want a good return.

·
Super Moderator
534 Posts
Wow..

Yikes..
Trucks hold their value better than SUV's like the Compass, plain and simple you will depreciate with the compass no way to get around that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts