My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Owned my 10' Patriot for the past 4 years and its been a great run especially since it has a manual transmission. Been a lot of fun as my commuter although like any manual, it was a PITA in heavy rush hour traffic.

I don't like to hold onto vehicles for too long so very soon i'll be deciding what I want to get, the new Compass being one of them. Jeep has been making some impressive moves as of late.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome.

Automatic for sure, getting tired of having manual in a vehicle that isn't event that fun to drive, although if I had to have a manual transmission vehicle that did it all, a Jeep with a manual would be it, or something similar.

Down the road i'm planning to get a coupe, maybe the new Miata.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yea, manual on hills is a PITA. At least the new compass has a lot of options to choose from. There's a 6-speed automatic that will be offered on the front-wheel drive model and the all-wheel drive model will come with a 6-speed manual option and a 9-speed automatic.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Inclines aren't that bad for me, typically its a matter of going to 2nd and keeping it a bit higher in the RPM's and at that rate i'm still flowing well with the speed of traffic. With no traffic its even better since you can build momentum before going on that incline.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've been driving manuals for years. Other than my Mercedes, this is the only automatic I've owned since the early 90's...and my knee is very thankful for it. My Ford trucks still get driven often, but I can finally appreciate the automatic transmission.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'm sure your left knee is thankful to finally get a break after all these years. grin:
@Joel have you talked to the dealership about getting a new compass yet?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts