My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Hydro blue
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently installed a Rhino Rack Large universal pioneer platform on mopar cross bars. Also added a few accessories. Rototrax recovery boards by Rotopax. Rotopax 1.75 gas container, and a Krazy beaver shovel mounted on rhino rack stow it utility holder. Will eventually be adding a Roam storage case.

Reactions: RTX and H20DOG

·
Registered
4 Posts
You should get the mounting feet that go with the pioneer rack that's what I got for my car and it's a lot lower and is only maybe an inch and a half 2 inches off of the roof and looks so much cleaner.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You should get the mounting feet that go with the pioneer rack that's what I got for my car and it's a lot lower and is only maybe an inch and a half 2 inches off of the roof and looks so much cleaner.
Do you have a sunroof? I've been contemplating getting rails and a roof basket of some kind, but I have a sunroof and am curious about clearance. I want the best of both worlds with low profile rails and clearance for the roof to open.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eventually I will come back around and replace the mopar cross rails with the rhino rack. What I do like about the mopar rails, is I am able to reach underneath the rack to clean and wax the roof. I have had SUV’s with racks in the past that I could barely get underneath to clean.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What storage case you got up their Kriller?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do not have a sunroof, but would think you would need high clearance cross rails in order for the sunroof to clear. That’s why the mopar/Thule rails sit high.

Reactions: SWG

·
Registered
4 Posts
It is a Apache case from harbor fright. And I attached the max track mounting bracket to the top to save room.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
👍. What hardware did you use to mount it to the rack?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just drilled holes in the bottom and then ordered some pioneer platform mounting bolts and just mounted it that way. Was really easy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks awesome man. Love the color. How do u like the mud terrains. I had the KM2’s on a 08 Wrangler unlimited and those babies hum going down the road.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just installed the rhino rack pioneer led light mount with a Baja designs S2 Sport work/scene LED.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts