My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2013 jeep compass last year and want to make it look better than it does. I need some advice on what kind of rim and how big of a tire can I put on it. Also thinking about spacers so there is no rubbing. Can anyone give me some advice.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought a 2013 jeep compass last year and want to make it look better than it does. I need some advice on what kind of rim and how big of a tire can I put on it. Also thinking about spacers so there is no rubbing. Can anyone give me some advice.
I put 225/75R16 tires (about 29.29") on some 16x6 Keystone Aluminum Wheels (Jeep Liberty wheels--see picture below). This wasn't really possible without a lift from Rocky Road Outfitters (2 1/8"), if you have FDII, it may be possible with no lift.

As for spacers, you will want to check your state (or province in my case :canada:) laws as to how far (if at all) the tire can stick out from the fender/flares (If you get the lift with the size tire I mentioned it shouldn't be necessary anyways).

And finally if you really want to make your Compass look mean, you can purchase some plastidip and dip your rims & badges. You could also smoke your lights, but I wouldn't suggest it -- check your state laws if you do. There is also an abundance of other things you can do, just search around a bit.

After all is said and done, I'm personally trying to achieve this look:

:canada: :usa:

·
Super Moderator
534 Posts
I have a FDII compass.

Prior to the lift and winch and bumper and exhaust (I've done everything)

I ran 225/75/16 tires with a bit of rubbing

That was prior to eveyrthing, so stock FDII

Also ran 235/65/17 with a bit of rubbing.

After lifting it though I needed spacers on the rear to give clearance on the struts. WIth 235/65/17 you'll also need spacers with a lift on the front because they will rub on the pinch weld in the front.

Boehml, what province are you in, i'm in SK

My jeep is getting close to the look you are going after.

And a video, a compass is no slouch offroad if you do it right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLbM9EoW3gs

·
Registered
11 Posts
Boehml, what province are you in, i'm in SK
I'm from BC, the most expensive place on earth... :giggle:

I will post pictures of my Jeep Compass once I get a chance, we're still working on it.. looking for a low pro roof rack, fender flares and other stuff. :eyebrows:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts