My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Cool pics fellers! Some say the fd11 has way better off road ability. Others say not. I believe someone said the difference in ratio was 17.3 fd1 and 19.1 fd11. Have you had a chance to compare fd1 vs fd11 in ability on trails. Do you plan to have skid plates some day? Love the post with pics! Great scenery Nick.

I'll be heading for Colorado on my vacation in the spring. I'm retired and could leave tomorrow. Guess I will have to wait and take the wife when she has vacation in the spring though.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have mixed feelings about the difference between FD1 and 2. FD2 has a better "crawl" ratio, but that is due to a CVT transmission. Jeep has not done well implementing the CVT concept, just ask anyone with a pre-2011 Compass. I have the FD1, which has an autostick 6 speed transmission, and I think its tops. I put it in 1st going up mountains and it crawls nicely, and leave it in 1st descending and it keeps me slow and steady. I'm not trying to knock on the FD2 system, I'm just not sure I trust it yet.

As for skid plates, I have mine but haven't installed them. They are awesomely thick gauge steel, but require some modifications to install so I haven't got to it yet. I haven't scraped the oil pan or anything yet, only frame rails ;)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Better yet they should bring on people like yourself to be part of a video of the new Compass on some off-road course they setup for a promotional video because undoubtedly that's something any other owners would like to watch and pay more attention to.

·
Registered
162 Posts
At least throw an expensive camera at Nick's way so he can take even better pictures! But I don't think Jeep is into that kind of customer service.

·
Registered
272 Posts
If Jeep were to put together a video of the Compass doing off-road stuff, they would employ a "professional" driver unfortunately. Wish they would take actual owners and put em' out there.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice pic. I just ordered my lift kit (20 minutes ago) from Rocky Road, I have the tires in the garage (225 75 R16 Cooper AT3's), and I'm going to order the rims from Discount Tire next week. They actually carry a 0 offset so I won't need the wheel spacers. Yay! I'm looking forward to putting these on and getting some wheeling in.

2014 Jeep Compass.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Nice pic. I just ordered my lift kit (20 minutes ago) from Rocky Road, I have the tires in the garage (225 75 R16 Cooper AT3's), and I'm going to order the rims from Discount Tire next week. They actually carry a 0 offset so I won't need the wheel spacers. Yay! I'm looking forward to putting these on and getting some wheeling in.

2014 Jeep Compass.
Can't wait to see some of that wheeling action going on. What trails are around you?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm going with a 16" rim; black American Outlaws from Discount tire. They are 8" wide with a 0 offset. This will keep me from having to put on wheel spacers and the outside of the wheel will stick out 2" further than it currently does plus allowing 1" clearance from the hub and internal suspension components.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I live in Northern Colorado so I usually head up the Poudre Canyon and head up to the Chambers lake area or around Gould and Walden.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts