My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished installing this today. Took a couple hours with me taking my time and enjoying the 60' weather.
You will have to get the the die grinder or Dremel and trim up some plastic in order to make it fit. The directions don't explain this the best but it is not hard to figure out.
If your planning on purchasing one, plan on waiting 6 to 8 weeks to receive it.

Reactions: arudlang

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Anticipate any issues with the authorities from having your front license plate partially blocked from view?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anticipate any issues with the authorities from having your front license plate partially blocked from view?
Little to no enforcement in our state on front plates. My friend and neighbor is a Deputy Sheriff he said no problem with or without plate. Our JKU has not had a front plate for years

Reactions: arudlang

·
Registered
42 Posts
Little to no enforcement in our state on front plates. My friend and neighbor is a Deputy Sheriff he said no problem with or without plate. Our JKU has not had a front plate for years
Interesting. Looks like a clean installation though, good work! I see some floating brackets, are you planning on mounting lights?

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Compass Latitude
10 Posts
Wish was for more then just Trailhawk or Upland model. Would love to put one these on my Latitude.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting. Looks like a clean installation though, good work! I see some floating brackets, are you planning on mounting lights?
I am looking into lights. I am on the road it's seems like all the time. And this time of year it always dark when I am driving. But I don't know what to purchase. I am thinking going with something with a yellow light.
I changed my fog lights over to HELLA yellow bulbs and it does help these old eyes in bad weather.
Plus if I stay with yellow I can run them with my other lights. I can't do that with white driving lights according to our state laws.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I am looking into lights. I am on the road it's seems like all the time. And this time of year it always dark when I am driving. But I don't know what to purchase. I am thinking going with something with a yellow light.
I changed my fog lights over to HELLA yellow bulbs and it does help these old eyes in bad weather.
Plus if I stay with yellow I can run them with my other lights. I can't do that with white driving lights according to our state laws.
I'd suggest a mini LED bar.
Mounted below the brackets not on the top as usually. Could be a nice add-on that follows the line and fills the gap above the lic. plate.

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Compass North Altitude
45 Posts
This is proper!! Wanted to so that with our Compass but we dont have the hooks so 😫

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Plenty of umph. If you were to get stuck you could wrap a strap around this and get pulled out no problem. It attaches to the same mounting points as the tow hooks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts